IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP IN GETTING A MODEL REPAIRED

Modifiers corner! Post your latest creations, your "how to" tips and tricks. Custom model and parts development too.
CorvetteGuy0711

IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP IN GETTING A MODEL REPAIRED

Post by CorvetteGuy0711 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:03 pm

So i bought this lovely little Corvette Z06 in 1:18 scale by Autoart for $130 from a friend new in the box at the beginning of the year. My 3 year old daughter had taken her mothers haidryer to the side of the model and melted the clearcoat on the rear of the left fender. I have fallen in love with the model since it exactly matches my real Z06 and i dont want to buy another as i am to attached to throw it away or sell it. She also pulled of both of the Z06 badges on the fenders and scratched up the model. IF ANYONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! I have teied reaching out to Autoart as of Monday to see if they could repair it and have gotten no reply. So if someone could reach out to me this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. :)

Zondaracer

Re: IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP IN GETTING A MODEL REPAIRED

Post by Zondaracer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:52 am

That's not just a repair, but a rebuild. The body will need a complete respray so must be disassembled. Perhaps you can order badges and other details from Autoart if the model is still in production. If a professional modelmaker needs to do this, it's probably cheaper to find a new one.

Oldtimer

Re: IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP IN GETTING A MODEL REPAIRED

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm

You might try these guys to see if they have a spare body (sometimes models that get damaged have perfect bodies, but issues with suspensions, etc.).

https://www.autoartspares.com

Return to “Custom Models, Repairs & Parts Development”