AUTOart McLaren F1 LM Edition - Orange Crush!

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

AUTOart McLaren F1 LM Edition - Orange Crush!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 am

Well the review has already been written, what can you say. The model as we know is not perfect but I'm excited to finally have another replica of the iconic McLaren F1 in LM trim back in my collection. There is so much fine detail that without doubt it clearly surpasses the UT by the power of ten. But so does the price LOL. Don't get me wrong the UT was a brilliant piece based on the era and price point, it will still serve collectors well.

The thread is picture heavy but this piece definitely deserves it, as we all know pictures speak a thousand words... There has been much talk about the headphones, honestly they aren't that bad in my opinion. The entire package is delicious to say the least. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: AUTOart McLaren F1 LM Edition - Orange Crush!

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 am

This is me right now.

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:56 am

As Borat's countrymate I agree with him.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 am

Stunning. I can't wait to pick this up. I've cleared a space for it in my display. :woot:

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 pm

I missed any criticism of the headphones. What's wrong with them? No coiled cord?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 am

Mac47 wrote:I missed any criticism of the headphones. What's wrong with them? No coiled cord?
Hong, who provided the review wasn't too impressed with the overall execution. A few other threads I read echoed the same...

http://www.diecastsociety.com/review-au ... ren-f1-lm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The other; however, is a deal breaker for me- Headphones. As I’ve said earlier, the disappointment depends on your expectations and the headphones really killed it for me. If you have the F1 roadcar, you’ll know what the luggages are made out of. Well, the headphones are made out of the same material and level of detail. The quality is so bad that I actually want to rip them out. I had such high hopes on that detail because that tiny detail is what makes the LM edition so much special. When you look at the Amalgam F1 LM in 1:8 scale
FYI nothing today can hold a candle to Amalgam craftsmanship, nothing... :lol:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 am

Lol headphones. Who cares! You have one of the greatest cars ever made with freakin magnesium wheels, memory foam seats, gold foil in the engine bay, a monster BMW V12, and a total weight of just 1000 kg, and you're complaining about headphones?? Gah!

diecast

Post by diecast » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:58 pm

What a model ... I will say Model of the year .

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 am

I just received mine. It's a delight. The headphones are In my opinion fine. I wasn't expecting them to unfold or function or something.

I love the wheels and brakes, which are a huge improvement over the old caliper-less UT model.

Yet on the whole, I don't see any advance in quality or execution over the original AUTOart F1. That was a great model, so this is also a great model. But the silver street F1 had luggage and a few extra opening parts.

The LM is parked next to the Huayra on my shelf now (the rest of my collection is not accessible right now), and I have to say it's not particularly close. The Huayra is a superior model, with more openings, a more grown-up paint color, and a more spectacular engine.

I am glad I bought the LM. It'll probably double or triple in value if you hold it long enough. But model of the year? Nope. The Huayra is better, and I'm expecting the Zonda Revolucion will also be better.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:13 am

GUYS I'VE MOVED SOME OF THE POSTS TO THE MOTY THREAD. PLEASE KEEP THE POSTS ON TOPIC. THANKS!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Great set of pics, KRAFTIG. Gotta LOVE that McLaren Orange.

Looks substantially better than the UT version I just got...but then it had damn well better, for the price.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Gavin wrote:Great set of pics, KRAFTIG. Gotta LOVE that McLaren Orange.

Looks substantially better than the UT version I just got...but then it had damn well better, for the price.
Ha ha it sure has too. Damn thing isn't cheap!, but for me the upgrade was well warranted based on iconic status alone.

Return to “AUTOart”