Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari LaFerrari - Red

Hot Wheels Foundation, Elite, Super Elite related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari LaFerrari - Red

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:46 am

If you haven't read earlier the folks at Grand Prix Miniatures (http://www.gpmini.qc.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) were kind enough to donate a Hot Wheels Elite LaFerrari. The sun was shining this morning so I decided to snap a few pics. First impressions and these are honest impressions, the car feel toy-like. I had much higher expectations based on their brilliant 458 Italia GT2 Presentation and F12 Berlinetta, but the LaFerrari just leaves me wanting more.

My model has two major quality control issues the front hatch shutlines are horrible! You will definitely notice this in the photos. I tried to correct the closed position but to no avail. Also on the roof section there are a few small scratches. Both these issues should have been caught in production and the model rejected!

There has been a lot of debate on the brakes, In my opinion Hot Wheels Elite did justice here, yes they missed some secondary parking brake detail but overall I think they work. Though on the flip side the wheels execution are a little lack lustre for a model of this stature.

There is a a lot of good too, overall exterior and paint is very good. Shutlines within the doors on my particular model are very good In my opinion. Interior detail is very good but I will the overall material quality could have been upped a notch to two. Engine detail is very nice. The monster under the bonnet is massive and very detailed on many levels. I'm sure many will agree. Word of warming be careful when closing the hatch as it nears the closed position it tends to snap very quickly which could possibly damage the finish.

Overall it's a very nice piece, though I can't help feeling and wanting that little bit more. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: Hot Wheels Elite: Ferrari LaFerrari - Red

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Wow the front hood is not even close to being umm.... closed.

What's preventing it from not closing? Can something be filed down?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Not sure, most likely yes.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Wow...donated? The perks of starting your own forum. Nicely done, KRAFTIG! :okay:

I want one of these, but this doesn't look like a $135+ model to me. Just going by pics, it feels like it was rushed to market a bit. Shutlines, stance (the brake "issue" isn't one for me)...I had really high hopes, based on the F12, 348/355.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Gavin wrote:Wow...donated? The perks of starting your own forum. Nicely done, KRAFTIG! :okay:

I want one of these, but this doesn't look like a $135+ model to me. Just going by pics, it feels like it was rushed to market a bit. Shutlines, stance (the brake "issue" isn't one for me)...I had really high hopes, based on the F12, 348/355.
Yes donated. Nice guys indeed :okay:

I feel your disappointment I had high hopes too... I would still get one, its a pivotal piece, Ferrari red, it will definitely become a collector's piece. We all saw what happened with the 458 Red Coupe.

diecast

Post by diecast » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:09 pm

Completely agree Kraftig !
"First impressions and these are honest impressions, the car feel toy-like. I had much higher expectations based on their brilliant 458 Italia GT2 Presentation and F12 Berlinetta, but the LaFerrari just leaves me wanting more.:" :doh:

Here are my thought

Link : http://www.rdiecast.com/#!hotwheels-fer ... rrari/cg43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:17 pm

I see your hood closely slightly better than mine.

Looks GREAT in yellow :okay:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:05 pm

PSA: Grand Prix Miniatures has received there second shipment of "on the water" models. Price is now reduced $149.99CND. Check them out!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:06 am

Lucky13 wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:PSA: Grand Prix Miniatures has received there second shipment of "on the water" models. Price is now reduced $149.99CND. Check them out!
…which is still AT LEAST "only" $30 too high...
I see the high $140 and $150's in US. Its Mattel's job to enforce MAP pricing...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Agreed, Mattel doesn't care. Maybe one reason Ferrari signed elsewhere?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:23 am

Lucky13 wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:Agreed, Mattel doesn't care. Maybe one reason Ferrari signed elsewhere?
Ferrari did not sign elsewhere. Mattel did not want to renew their contract. Besides what does that have to do with resellers gauging out collectors?
If you allowing your products to be bastardized by retailers shame on you, there is no creditability from the end-user long term. Apple is a master at MAP!

Return to “Hot Wheels Foundation | Elite | Super Elite”