Hi! From Alberta Canada

Say hello! Tell us about you and your collection.
santa8086

Hi! From Alberta Canada

Post by santa8086 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:46 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I come from the Edmonton area in Alberta, Canada. Our hockey team really sucks this year so I'm looking for other avenues of entertainment. I've just been reading a ton in the past few months about die cast cars and model kits and I'm really interested in getting started on building a kit. I've really got my eye on the Pocher Aventador kit. Anyway looking forward to spending some time here! :)

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Hi! From Alberta Canada

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:57 am

Our hockey team really sucks this year so I'm looking for other avenues of entertainment.
Ha! I know the feeling :lol:

Anyway welcome to DS! The Pocher kit is wonderful, you can elevate the kit in so many ways too.

SiRR

Post by SiRR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Welcome santa8086! Woohoo, another collector from Edmonton!

What scale do you collect?

I am also looking in a Pocher model as well - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster, which one are you looking into? Cheers!

seppuku

Post by seppuku » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:22 pm

santa8086 wrote:Our hockey team really sucks this year so I'm looking for other avenues of entertainment.
Your team might suck, but the same can't be said for collecting model cars....:)

santa8086

Post by santa8086 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:07 pm

SiRR wrote:Welcome santa8086! Woohoo, another collector from Edmonton!

What scale do you collect?

I am also looking in a Pocher model as well - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster, which one are you looking into? Cheers!
Well, I ended up purchasing the 1/8 HK102 Nero Nemesis Aventador (Thanks Toronto Motorsports!) I love it, but its taking a lot of time to get it right. I'm really rusty with modeling in general, so I'm not putting as much attention to detail as some of the builds I've seen online. I'm trying my best, and I'm happy with how its coming along so far. I have the interior complete, and I'm now about 50% through the engine.

Funny story (to me at least), on Saturday morning I woke up from a particularly intense building session the night before, and I was moaning to myself about how I'd probably never lay eyes on a car like this in the flesh during my life. After consoling myself a little, I went to the mall to pick up some paint for the engine parts. I'm walking through the mall to the hobby store and would you believe...White Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 sitting on display in the middle of the mall. I just about died. ...Anyway, I know it comes down to personal preference and all that, but this car has PRESENCE. I sat back and watched how people admired it. Their eyes just lit up when they noticed it. No one was immune. Just an amazing machine! :worthy:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Nice can't wait to see the finished results. If you need any help just ask! I know some areas of the build seem easy but take forever to complete. Also the instructions are grey at time. Did you go to their website to download the latest revision?

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Welcome from Texas!

gptrader2002

Post by gptrader2002 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 am

I have built several pocher models including both the Pocher Lamborghini Coupe and Roadster. I have found that the instructions for the coupe were missing some key details so downloading the latest version from the Pocher website is an absolute must as KRAFTIG has suggested. The instructions for the roadster were definitely better but were not perfect.

In terms of the build process, I found that some parts of the coupe needed to have some slight modifications to fit just right. The roadster seemed to be much better in this area. There is also a lot of gluing required compared to the classic models which adds to the time and complexity of the build.

I currently have the orange coupe in my collection, but with any luck, I will be able to sell this one and replace with the blue roadster as I only have room for one Aventador in my collection. I also want to be sure to have room for the Huracan and Ducatti when they come out ;) Hopefully I will find people that are interested in having these new models built as well so I can continue to enjoy building these models.
santa8086 wrote:I come from the Edmonton area in Alberta, Canada.
I originally come from Grande Prairie, Alberta. Small world :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”