Peako Pagani Zonda 760RS Full Carbon

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
kickinoutyo

Peako Pagani Zonda 760RS Full Carbon

Post by kickinoutyo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 am

This was kind of impulse buy for me...haha I'm not a huge fan of Resin models... I have few GTS and Otto models because they are priced reasonable,
but high-end Resin model was bit out of my reach due to prices. I would rather have two or three diecast models instead of expensive resin.
However, Pagani Zonda is one of my favorite car and this Peako 760 RS really caught my eyes!
It was an impulse buy because I bought it after watching old episode of Harry's Garage when he visited factory to check out the 760 RS this model is modeled after... dang youtube.
I guess this is closest I'll ever get to real zonda ,So oh well...haha
Peako really did fantastic job on this model. Specially the carbon work! All of CF pattern lines up just like the real car and the details are amazing.
I hear there are tons of rejects on CF model due to difficulty they face when clear coating the CF for that perfect shine. AA models never have the 'Shine' maybe due to this reason.
Not sure my amateur photograph skill was able to capture all that CF details well ,but here are some pictures.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Peako Pagani Zonda 760RS Full Carbon

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am

Thanks for the insight. The body looks well done, especially the clear-coat CF. On the flip side the wheels look off, no?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for sharing, my ultimate favorite Pagani Zonda model as well. Peako made a good effort of it, but I find several flaws disturbing. They never corrected the waistline, which is too high. I can live with the RHD flaw (should be LHD) and various other things they should have improved long ago because this is the only 1/18 scale 760RS so there is no alternative. Carbon decaling is spot on, unbelievable they can make this for a reasonable price. Very rare model and probably will increase in value fast.

kickinoutyo

Post by kickinoutyo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Thanks for the insight. The body looks well done, especially the clear-coat CF. On the flip side the wheels look off, no?
Yeah, Wheel definitely looks bit off. It should have been semi gloss finish not flat black.
Outer lip of the wheel needs to be thinner as well.

kickinoutyo

Post by kickinoutyo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Zondaracer wrote:Thanks for sharing, my ultimate favorite Pagani Zonda model as well. Peako made a good effort of it, but I find several flaws disturbing. They never corrected the waistline, which is too high. I can live with the RHD flaw (should be LHD) and various other things they should have improved long ago because this is the only 1/18 scale 760RS so there is no alternative. Carbon decaling is spot on, unbelievable they can make this for a reasonable price. Very rare model and probably will increase in value fast.
RHD was definitely caught my eyes. I guess waistline is bit high now that I look at it.
But you are right, this is the only 760S out there.

slightlyevil

Post by slightlyevil » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Odd inaccuracies but a beautiful model all the same. I was looking at the chameleon blue one on Ebay recently ... tempting but I tend to prefer my diecasts to be real world and I think only this one and the Fantasma they make are based on real world cars. The rest mostly seem to be fantasy.

Return to “Model Reviews”