[Model Review]: BBR Ferrari 458 Italia (Oakley Design)

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
Hanako

[Model Review]: BBR Ferrari 458 Italia (Oakley Design)

Post by Hanako » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:32 am

BBR 1:18 Ferrari 458 Italia (Oakley Design - HEMCC Exclusive)

Oakley Design Kit: http://www.oakleydesign.eu/ferrari-458-italia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ferrari 458 Italia
The Ferrari 458 is a mid-engined sports car produced by the Italian sports car manufacturer Ferrari. The 458 replaced the Ferrari F430, and was first officially unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show.
In Ferrari's first official announcement of the car, the 458 was described as the successor to the F430 but arising from an entirely new design, incorporating technologies developed from the company's experience in Formula 1.

The 458 is powered by a 4.5 L (270 cu in) V8 engine derived from a shared Ferrari/Maserati design, producing 570 PS (419 kW; 562 hp) at 9,000 rpm (redline) and 540 N·m (398 lb·ft) at 6,000 rpm with 80% torque available at 3,250 rpm. The engine features direct fuel injection, which is a first for Ferrari mid-engine setups in its road cars.

The only transmission available on the 458 is a dual-clutch 7-speed GETRAG gearbox, in a different state of tune shared with the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. There is no traditional manual option, making this the fourth road-car after the Enzo, Challenge Stradale and 430 Scuderia not to be offered with Ferrari's classic gated manual. It is the first mainstream model to not be offered with a manual transmission.

The car's suspension features double wishbones at the front and a multi-link setup at the rear, coupled with E-Diff and F1-Trac traction control systems, designed to improve the car's cornering and longitudinal acceleration by 32% when compared with its predecessors.
The brakes include a prefill function whereby the pistons in the calipers move the pads into contact with the discs on lift off to minimize delay in the brakes being applied. This combined with the ABS and standard Carbon Ceramic brakes have caused a reduction in stopping distance from 100–0 km/h (62-0 mph) to 32.5 metres (107 ft). Tests have shown the car will stop from 100 km/h (62.1 mph) in 90 feet (85 with run flat tires), 85 feet from 60 mph (97 kmph) and 80 feet from 60 mph (97 kmph) with run flat tires.
* - The adaptive magnetorheological dampers are co-developed with BWI Group.

Ferrari's official 0-100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration is 3.3 seconds, while top speed is 325 km/h (202 mph). It has fuel consumption in combined cycle (ECE+EUDC) of 13.3 L/100 km (21.2 mpg-imp; 17.7 mpg-US) while producing 307g/km of CO2.

In keeping with Ferrari tradition the body was designed by Pininfarina. The car’s exterior styling and features were designed for aerodynamic efficiency, producing a downforce of 140 kg (309 lb) at 124 miles per hour (200 km/h)
In particular, the front grille features deformable winglets that lower at high speeds, in order to offer reduced drag and increased downforce. The car's interior was designed using input from former Ferrari Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher; in a layout common to racing cars, the new steering wheel incorporates many controls normally located on the dashboard or on stalks, such as turning signals or high beams.
According to British car magazine Autocar, the 458 Italia's design has drawn inspiration from the Enzo Ferrari and its Millechili concept car. It has been designed to be Ferrari's sportiest V8-engined car, to distinguish itself from the recently launched Ferrari California.
The 458 was also reviewed on 15th season of Top Gear, where it received acclaim for its styling and performance. In a drag race against James May's Ferrari F430, it won by a considerable margin. The car also lapped the Top Gear test track in 1:19.1, just 0.1 seconds slower than the Ferrari Enzo.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oakley Design Post: http://www.oakleydesign.eu/limited-editions-ferrari-458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brand: BBR Models
Scale: 1:18
Country of Model: Italy , Made in China
License: Ferrari Official S.P.A
Model: Ferrari 458 Italia (Oakley Design)
Special: HEMCC Exclusive
Model Type: Resin Model (No Opening Components)
Limited Edition: #02/#15
Model's No.: -
Model Points given by me: 8.7/10
Model Points given by public: ?/10

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Overall BBR has done a really great job on this model. I just love the carbon details on this model, The ferrari logo on this bonnet is a 3D sticker(popup), Really a great look to the model. Also the metal prancing horse photoetch logo is amazing. the details on this model is awesome. Perfect mould from BBR I would say. Every shape of the 458 Italia is caught."

"However I don't fancy the headlights, It's like coming off.. Actually its not..says the dealer of the model, No idea why BBR done it that way."

"BBR Models has done the Oakley Design's front lip kit a perfect job! If you noticed, BBR has improved on their carbon. This is shinier than the carbon fiber used on previous Oakley Design"

"Oh the HRE Wheels are so beautiful, Everytime I look at the model, I love to look at the wheels, Look at how BBR made the Calipers the same color as the body. And the Caliper's script is so spot-on! The intake beside the headlights are also replicated so well. Those black accents really stand out ALOT :okay: Also this model is on the right stance/height"

"Oh BBR wouldn't miss their 3D popup sticker at the Ferrari Shield as well! It's like the front logo. So beautiful detail ! The Carbon Fiber work on the Side Mirror is so replicated well. Just like the 1:1 Oakley 458 Italia"

"Side of the 458 Italia is perfect! Those Carbon Fiber details of the model is simply WOW. And the part that are carbon-ed are the same for the 1:1 Oakley 458. I know I've been WOW-ing at the carbon on this thread ALOT. But it's really so good :beer: "

"Nothing much to say about this awesome wheels since I've review it on this front"

"Back view of the model is impressive as well, This model is not much difference from the old 458. Just some updates..However I love the Black Prancing Horse instead of the chrome metal ones.. The black accent on the spoiler is great! Diffuser lamps are perfectly replicated too! HEMCC license plate isn't that beautiful.. I guess I'll add a license plate to this model soon.."

"Tail lights details are so well replicated too. Those grills are so good :okay: "

"Titanium Exhaust Tips. Love it! Simply Amazing! My first model with titanium exhaust tips :clap: . The Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser is perfect too!"

"Not much to say about the Ferrari 458 Italia's Engine .. Grills are replicated well.. Well.. 458 Italia :beer: "

"Amazing carbon fiber roof done by BBR Models! They pull it off very well! Shiny carbon is always a sight under spotlight. :okay: "

"Overall side of model, I love it actually. "

"Sorry I have to say.. The steering wheel looks very odd to me.. It's just not right to me.. :? . Also, Front & Side Ferrari logos are done in 3D decal, And when the steering wheel is suppose to be done in 3D it wasn't..

"Dashboard.. Not as what I expected from BBR.." :tut:

"Absolutely NO complains for the Carbon Fiber Option Seats done by BBR. So amazing! I feel that every special 458 should have this seat :okay: "

So at the end of the review, Is this model what you want? is it worth it's price? Details likewise? Colors on market?

Model recommended? : I would say yes, It is a great model to keep in your collection. Impressive although there are 1 or 2 details that does not live to my expectations.

Is this model worth it's price?: If you are in Singapore, You are in luck! You can save shipping cost, So you buy this model for only $560.00 USD.
If you guys are interested in this model, Buy it while it's still available, Link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18th-BBR-Oakl ... 35db2ffbd1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Details?: I would give this model 8.7/10 marks. Do not fancy the Dashboard & Steering wheel, also the headlights are not to my expectations..

Colors:
Bianco Avus (Exclusive to 20 pcs)
Rosso F1 (Exclusive to 10 pcs)
Rosso Scuderia (Exclusive to 20 pcs)
Turquoise (Exclusive to 20 pcs)
Turquoise (Two tone) HEMCC Exclusive
Matte Titanio (Exclusive to 20 pcs)
Metallic Copper Orange (Exclusive to 20 pcs)
Giallo Tristato (Exclusive to 10 pcs)

Kwando

Re: [Model Review]: BBR Ferrari 458 Italia (Oakley Design)

Post by Kwando » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Near flawless looking model! I would love one in white.

Return to “Model Reviews”