[Model Review]: Dealer Version Audi R8 5.2 FSi Quattro

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
Hanako

[Model Review]: Dealer Version Audi R8 5.2 FSi Quattro

Post by Hanako » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Audi R8 5.2 FSi Quattro

The Audi R8 is a mid-engine, 2-seater sports car. which uses Audi's trademark quattro permanent all-wheel drive system. It was introduced by the German automaker Audi AG in 2006.

The car was exclusively designed, developed, and manufactured by Audi AG's high performance private subsidiary company, quattro GmbH, and is based on the Lamborghini Gallardo platform. The fundamental construction of the R8 is based on the Audi Space Frame, and uses an aluminium monocoque which is built using space frame principles. The car is built by quattro GmbH in a newly renovated factory at Audi's 'aluminium site' at Neckarsulm in Germany.

In 2005, Audi announced that the name of the successful Audi R8 race car would be used for a new road car in 2007, the Audi R8, based on the Audi Le Mans quattro concept car (designed by Frank Lamberty and Julian Hoenig), appearing at the 2003 International Geneva Motor Show, and 2003 Frankfurt International Motor Show. The R8 development program began in 2004, Lamberty's design being approved and frozen for production. Production body prototypes began field testing in January 2006. The R8 road car was officially launched at the Paris Auto Show on 30 September 2006. There was some confusion with the name, which the car shares with the 24 Hours of Le Mans winning R8 Le Mans Prototype (LMP). 6-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Jacky Ickx described the R8 as "the best handling road car today"

Audi R8 5.2 Quattro

5.2 Coupe version: Audi AG unveiled the Audi R8 V10 on 9 December 2008. It uses a 5.2 litre FSI engine, based on the unit in the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (which in turn was based on the 5.2 FSI V10 as used in the Audi C6 S6 and Audi D3 S8), but is re-tuned to produce a power output of 532 metric horsepower (391 kW; 525 bhp), and generate 530 newton metres (391 lbf·ft) of torque. Compared to the V8 variant, the R8 V10's performance numbers are enhanced. Audi states the new 0 to 100 kilometres per hour (0.0 to 62.1 mph) time as only 3.9 seconds, 60 to 124 miles per hour (97 to 200 km/h) in 8.1 seconds, and a top speed of 316 kilometres per hour (196.4 mph)
Other changes to the V10 version of the R8 include some aesthetic differences: such as all-LED headlights (a world-first), interior enhancements such as Bang & Olufsen 465 watt sound system, and a more aggressive body styling, larger rear brakes and different roadwheels.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Audi R8 Series:
R8 Coupé 4.2 FSI quattro
R8 Spyder 4.2 FSI quattro
R8 Coupé 5.2 FSI quattro
R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI quattro
R8 V12 TDI concept
R8 TDI Le Mans
R8 LMS
R8 e-tron
R8 e-tron concept
R8 e-tron prototype
R8 e-tron production version
R8 LMS Evolution
R8 GT
R8 'NF' prototype
R8 GT Spyder
R8 V8 Limited Edition (4.2)
R8 Grand-Am
R8 Limited Edition (5.2)
R8 LMS ultra
R8 Exclusive Selection Editions
R8 China Edition 5.2
R8 Toxique
R8 Supersport Edition
R8 V10 Biturbo
R8 Police Car: ABT R8 GTR

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brand: Kyosho
Special: Dealer Version
Scale: 1:18
Country of Model: China(I think)
License: Audi
Model: R8 5.2 FSi Quattro
Model Type: Diecast (with opening components)
Limited Edition: -
Model's no.: -
Model points given by me: 9.7/10
Model Points given by forum: ?/10

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I think Kyosho has done a pretty great job on the R8 series line. They look amazing.. Flawless.. Except for the paintwork rumours of Kyosho , I have to deduct some Model Points off the model.."

"It looks aggresive at every angle. Awesome job by Kyosho. Just like the real car :okay: "

"Audi Metal Photoetch logo on front bonnet is replicated perfectly, 'Quattro' script on grills are replicated perfectly as well, Although it is small. You can still see 'Quattro' script there. Awesome detail! I just love how Kyosho replicates little details so well everytime. License plate is made for the Dealer Editions only. If this is what you seek, Seek the dealer edition!"

"Amazing Headlight detailings, You can see those LED stripes going across the headlight, Every detail is captured on the headlight, Beautiful gloss black intake."

"just another view of this awesome front"

"Side front view of model"

"V10 logo on side of model is captured as well! Wheels are replicated perfectly! Love the V10 wheels on the R8, Brake Caliper's script are replicated perfectly, You can see every wording. To prove it, You can see the 1:1 wheels of the R8 below."

"Side view of model. Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :okay: :okay: :okay: "

"The almighty side blades from the Audi R8, It is a signature part the R8 has. That is what makes it stand out against the rest, Kyosho has replicated the Carbon Fiber in a really beautiful shiny carbon fiber, R8 fuel cap is replicated beautifully as well"

"Side Rear view of model"

"Audi metal photoetch logo is replicated as well, Like the front. R8 badge is replicated as well! That is a MUST and Kyosho has used it as photoetch instead of waterslide. :okay: . The 5.2 comes with a gloss black rear and it has NOT been missed out. Good job, kyosho! "

"Spoiler up!"

"Beautiful Tail Lights, LEDs are replicated perfectly here!"

Along with her sister,

Interior shots of model:

END OF REVIEW. LET'S SUM IT UP :deal:

Model Recommended? : YES, Excellent job by Kyosho. Every little details are captured. Too bad the paintwork is crap :wall:

Worth it's price?: I'm not sure for the current market price as this model is sold out in market for a long time. I bought mine at 140.00SGD . Pretty Cheap for a rare model :okay:

gapjc

Re: [Model Review]: Dealer Version Audi R8 5.2 FSi Quattro

Post by gapjc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:34 pm

great review! :clap:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:56 am

I thought the DE was blue, did they do two?

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:18 am

Nice review & pics. I have Maisto's 4.2 & Kyosho's 5.2 in Daytona Grey. I agree with you that Kyosho did a great job.

Hanako

Post by Hanako » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:05 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:I thought the DE was blue, did they do two?
Not really. Dealer comes in suzuka grey and white too.. :okay:

Thanks gavin

Return to “Model Reviews”