Spark Porsche 911 (997) GT3 R Team Falken

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
damnyouebay

Spark Porsche 911 (997) GT3 R Team Falken

Post by damnyouebay » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:46 pm

This particular car competed in the 24 Hours of Nürburgring in 2012, although sadly it did not finish. As a huge fan of the Falken livery I knew I had to get one, and weirdly its not that many to choose amongst. I went for the Spark model, and its a mixed pleasure to own my first 1:18 Falken Porsche.

The real car getting ready:

This is my first Spark. I knew it was sealed, but I did not know it is also more of a "sculpture" than a car model. The wheels do not rotate or turn. I dont know why this bugs me so much, its not like it is going to do anything other than ... being a "sculpture". :lol:

It looks very good, there are a few minor QC problems, but to be honest I didnt notice until taking (bad) pictures.

This car is supposedly limited to 300 pieces, but I cant find a number anywhere. Hopefully under the car itself, I have not removed it from the base yet.

Pics:

I dunno, its maybe 10-15% nicer overall than my Minichamps 997, but double the prize. The Spark body shape looks to be spot on, better than Minichamps, but the rear wheels seem to fill the wheel arches a little bit more than they should. Not really that impressed by Spark, just satisfied.

StratosWRC

Re: Spark Porsche 911 (997) GT3 R Team Falken

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 pm

This is why I don't buy Spark models. They're expensive, yet don't use tampo-printed graphics, opting for decals instead, which eventually peel/distort/crack. Autoart's sealed models used printed graphics, but then again they were sealed diecast, as opposed to resin. Anyway, still a great add. I'm a fan of the livery myself.

Return to “Model Reviews”