AUTOart 1995 McLaren F1 LM Edition – Orange

The latest in diecast headlines and DS website updates.
[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 pm

New final production photos of the highly anticipated McLaren F1 LM Edition surfaced today, what can you say, stunning! Almost 20 years after its introduction the McLaren F1 LM Edition is still regarded as one of the best. The orange skin will prove highly collectable too. Model looks fantastic on all levels, which is the main reason I consider it a perfect replacement for my already sold my UT version. Model is expected September/October in Europe with North America to see it shortly after. Damn its going to be an expensive Q3/Q4!

.: SEE MORE :.

Fulgura

Re: AUTOart 1995 McLaren F1 LM Edition – Orange

Post by Fulgura » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 am

VERY expensive season indeed! Why are you attacking like this Autoart? My wallet's gonna run dry again.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

Fulgura wrote:VERY expensive season indeed! Why are you attacking like this Autoart? My wallet's gonna run dry again.
100% agree. They are releasing way too many model in larger sums that the market/end user cannot bear. Can you imagine the retailers having to order in all the inventory? :money: :money:

The issue is the China factories and related issues seem to be at an all-time low, production is flowing like mad! Save you r money folks :P

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Funny fact: when they were filming top gear veyron-mclaren drag race in dubai, it took 5 tries for the Veyron to win. The script said that the Veyron must win, so they were all surprised when it wouldn't happen time after time. The F1 took off much more cleanly than a Veyron. And that's a car that was made 15 years earlier (if not more), and had almost half the power. Light weight, simplicity > overengineering.

Philip

Post by Philip » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:52 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Funny fact: when they were filming top gear veyron-mclaren drag race in dubai, it took 5 tries for the Veyron to win. The script said that the Veyron must win, so they were all surprised when it wouldn't happen time after time. The F1 took off much more cleanly than a Veyron. And that's a car that was made 15 years earlier (if not more), and had almost half the power. Light weight, simplicity > overengineering.

I never knew that! Just shows that Colin Chapman was years ahead of his time with his minimalistic, lighten everything approach.

Love the model, especially that colour! :drool:

David

Post by David » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:51 pm

I will gladly wait for the TSM. It will be cheaper, look as good as the Aa and some details might be even better. Yep, the latter could surprise you... ;)

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:43 pm

David wrote:I will gladly wait for the TSM. It will be cheaper, look as good as the AUTOart and some details might be even better. Yep, the latter could surprise you... ;)
I agree with that, but I'm not very fond of TSM's qc, as they're still a young company. Wouldn't want to risk missing out on this one.

David

Post by David » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Yes, their QC sucks. I only have one of their 935 and never heard of QCs. But since it doesn't come with decoration, I'm fairly confident these will come out just fine.

Makinen

Post by Makinen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Anyone know the MSRP on this one?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Makinen wrote:Anyone know the MSRP on this one?
No, but it should be in line with the McLaren F1

Fulgura

Post by Fulgura » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:00 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Fulgura wrote:VERY expensive season indeed! Why are you attacking like this Autoart? My wallet's gonna run dry again.
100% agree. They are releasing way too many model in larger sums that the market/end user cannot bear. Can you imagine the retailers having to order in all the inventory? :money: :money:

The issue is the China factories and related issues seem to be at an all-time low, production is flowing like mad! Save you r money folks :P

Our retailer has gone nuts! He rents a second storage for upcoming season. He's gambling his money because we don't have a large diecast market in here.

I don't know how can i pay my 12 orders :? Need a kidney? Anyone?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 am

I had a few conversations with a few people in the industry, they have made requests to AUTOart to spread forth production. Doesn't seem likes its happening... Enjoy the plethora of models while you can :D

Return to “Latest Diecast News and Site Updates”