Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Davorin Zagorac from Slovenia.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I love cars for whole of my life, my father got me into cars when he gave me car magazines and bought me model cars. I have been collecting diecast for about 24 years but last 10 years more seriously. I have got about 1000 models from scale 1:87 to 1:8, but most of them are in 1:18 or 1:64.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
I think my first diecast car was Ferrari 348 tb.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
My favourite scale is 1:8 because models looks so real in that scale.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
My favourite models are: 1:8 F40 and Testarossa, 1:12 Enzo and F50, 1:12 Mini, 1:18 LaFerrari, Huayra, 918,Aventador 50th, F355, all of my Rolls Royces and Bentleys.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Lamborghini Murcielago 40th 1:18.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
AUTOart because of the details.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
My current theme is a little bit of everything, my goal is basically archive when I bought my self Ferraris in 1:8 and 1:12 scale I wanted them for so long.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Ofkors, I have 10 displays in my room.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
I also collect vintage prestige cell phones, going on sports cars events, and I love gym.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
I think that diecast hobby its getting more known but its still not that popular because it can be very addicted and expensive.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
The only thing I would change would be the price of the model cars.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
She supports me 110%, she also got some infection from me.
14) What is your daily driver?
My daily driver is BMW E60 530d but I prefer my 99″Mini Cooper Sportpack.