Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Noverraz Jean-Michel from Lausanne, Switzerland.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I always loved sports cars and I stared with an F40 Pocher 1:8 kit, I started 20 years ago. I have now 750 1:18 models, and more than 40 1:12, including kits like MG Model, Model Factory Hiro, Profil24, Autoplacemodel.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
Ferrari F40 1:8 Pocher.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18 because there are enough details and they take a reasonable place to display, although now I can’t display all of them.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
I love my CMC and Exoto models: so much details! But I also love BBR, Fronti-Art or MR resin models: paint finish is the best!
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Maybe the Mercedes 300SL winner LM from CMC, but due to diecast cancer, never bought it… I hope some resin maker will do it one day (Spark do you hear me?).
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
I don’t have one particular brand, it’s evolving with time. First it was AUTOart with good quality and nice details, but now their price is really high with sometimes lower details… Exoto has the best models, but their politic is just scandalous, I’ll probably never buy another one… Now I like resin makers as they choose very interesting subjects like GT Spirit, Spark, BBR, Looksmart.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
Ferrari has always be the brand I collect the most and also Le Mans cars. But any nice sports cars or racing have my interest!
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes I have several displays for them, but not all can be displayed as I also collect Props and statues from LOTR, Hobit and others.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
I collect Props, statues from LOTR or other movies, I have a lot of Weta statues, Sideshow Premium Format, Hot Toys, costumes from Spartacus, Narnia, LOTR… I also do a lot of mountaineering in winter and summer.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
It’s evolving, prices go up every year and a lot new manufacturers are emerging, which is interesting and gives us more choices.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
Yes I do mods and kits. I made some heavy mod with new scratch-builds parts, complete painting and decals. I also have some 1:12 kits, I’m now working on a Porsche 956L Newman from MFH.
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
That I’m crazy!
14) What is your daily driver?
BMW 530 XD Touring and Ferrari F355 Berlinetta (with Challenge parts for track).