Tell us what this hobby means to you? 14 questions answered by you, Peter Blows from Cape Town South Africa.
We’re always looking for more collectors to feature on DiecastSociety.com Diecast Collector Of The Month (DCOTM). Click HERE for all the details! ** Remember, for your efforts all winning candidates will be mailed a pair of www.DiecastSociety.com decals! **
1) What first got you collecting diecast? How long have you been collecting? What is your total model count as of today?
I started collecting die cast cars 22 years ago when my first son was born. My total collection is around 300 cars.
2) What was your first diecast or memory?
McLaren Honda F1 car driven by Ayrton Senna in 1:24 scale.
3) What is your favourite scale, and why?
1:18 scale is my favourite as I prefer the bigger size. It does however get tricky finding a place to display them. For this reason I have my Ferrari and Porsche collection split into 2 different rooms.
4) What are some of your favourite models to date? Did you share any photos with us?
My favourite model is my Porsche 917 Pink Pig.
5) Is there a model that has eluded you, a holy grail of sorts?
Yes, the 1:18 scale F1 Williams car driven by Nigel Mansell and giving Ayrton Senna a lift back on it to the pits.
6) What is your favourite brand/manufacturer, and why?
I prefer the high end brand like AUTOart.
7) Describe your current theme and what your overall goal is?
My current themes are Porsche and Ferrari and my aim is to try and collect every model each manufacturer has ever built.
8) Do you display your collection? If yes, how?
Yes in my new display rooms.
9) Do you have any other hobbies, passions or addictions?
Cars are my passion.
10) What do you think about the diecast hobby as it stands today?
I love it and enjoy sourcing my models from all over the world.
11) If you could change one thing about the diecast hobby what would that be?
Haven’t given this any thought.
12) Do you modify cars? If yes, what are some examples?
13) What does your spouse, partner or significant other think of your hobby and your collection?
My wife support me in my love for diecast cars.
14) What is your daily driver?
Porsche 981 Cayman S and Porsche Cayenne Diesel.