KK-scale Jaguar E-Type

KK Scale related news, headlines and general discussion.
Ed3lm4n

KK-scale Jaguar E-Type

Post by Ed3lm4n » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi,

does anybody have an opinion or a review of the new KK-scale Jaguar E-type 1/18? I currently only have the Bburago version, so I need an upgrade. Is the KK-scale an option or do I have to go for the more expensive AutoArt version to have a decent E-Type? Opening parts are not necessary for me, but shape and detail is.

Many thanks,
Evert

[KRAFTIG]

Re: KK-scale Jaguar E-Type

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm

I can't help with what is better, I would assume the KK-Scale may be slightly more detailed and accurate, however, the BBurgao does provide access. That being said, neither will match the AUTOart piece, which isn't 100% accurate either, but sure surpasses both on many levels, including price! :money: :money:

Marcel171281

Re: KK-scale Jaguar E-Type

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:20 am

I haven't seen the KK-scale in the flesh yet (probably next week, when I pick up my new AA arrivals at the shop I will have a look), but based on pictures it is in the same league as all there models. Decent, but not more than decent. Also the wheels on the KK-scale look rather small, too small I think.
In my opinion, an iconic car like the E-type deserves the best possible model. And as Kraftig said the AA is not perfect, but the best 1/18 E-type by miles. So if you can afford it, I would recommend paying the extra, I'm sure you won't regret.

to give an idea about the AA E-type:
ImageImageImage

Return to “KK Scale”