What are your thoughts on the 2020 Corvette?

Everything not diecast related; and yes that includes the kitchen sink!
[KRAFTIG]

What are your thoughts on the 2020 Corvette?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:57 pm

I kinda like it. I admire GM's courage to move the motor to the rear, I'm sure some purists aren't too happy. I don't like the interior too much, especially the bulky centre console. What were they thinking here!?! I can't wait to add one is scale, go AUTOart!

Yeow Yi Fan

Re: What are your thoughts on the 2020 Corvette?

Post by Yeow Yi Fan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:58 am

I have always liked how the Corvette is just unapologetically American. On the other hand... I understand why it has gone from being a sports car to almost supercar or hypercar. Just because I understand does not mean I like it. But hey, maybe the GM folks know things better than I do... :manual:

Anyhow, I always enjoy reading reviews from the European media on how these latest Corvettes and Mustangs are really sticking it up to the established marques.

Based on what we have seen from the media on the new Corvette...
(+) It is not a 'reimagined' crossover like the Blazer... :rotfl:
(+) Appreciate that they still produce this in this age of crossovers and electrical powertrains
(+) Old school American V8 with natural aspiration
(+) Like the side profile, evokes the looks of a fighter jet which inspired parts of the design as much as I know. Looks more like an actual stringray too!

(-) No manual... for now at least?
(-) On certain angles, it looks sleek on the front but others, like this above, I do not like how the vents are so much larger than the headlights.

Interior is a mixed bag for me. Stitching here and there really elevates the quality. However, it looks too digital for my liking. Call me old fashion but I like button-infested consoles more because using these switches and toggles feel more interactive... :rotfl:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:12 am

It is not a 'reimagined' crossover like the Blazer..
First I think the new Blazer is exceptional style-wise. I saw one recently on the read here, a fully loaded example in Red with Black accents, same as the model used in advertising... It was gorgeous!

The manual thing sucks for sure... What I don't like, from some angles it looks like a stretched C7; proportionally wrong visually. GM should have "completely" resigned the Corvette, absolute blank canvas :manual:

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Looks quite like an Acura NSX that was given the look of a Corvette. Proportions are wrong especially the front that is too thick. And I don’t like the string of buttons on the center console. They should go full digital in this day and age. And I am disappointed they stick to old V8 with no electrification when the world is clearly evolving. As you can see not my cup of tea.

Return to “Off Topic”