The Grand Tour: Season 2!

Everything not diecast related; and yes that includes the kitchen sink!
StratosWRC

Re: The Grand Tour: Season 2!

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

I saw this car drive past me at sunset time and it was just drop dead gorgeous. I mean holy cow, I don't think I've ever seen a better looking car, and I've seen all of the Ferrari F cars, the Carrera GT, the Zonda, Veyron, etc etc. It was in the launch orange colour. Just amazing. I wouldn't change anything and I LOVE the headlights.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 am

JamesonsViggen wrote: Question is, would painting the black hole around the front lights take care of the issue?
Possibly, yeah. I've seen some renders out there with other designs that I think would have made the car look better. To be fair, I don't hate the headlight design, I just wonder why they went with it.

For example, here is a render that I liked. Only looking at the front end, not the changes to the sides.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:37 am

Looking good, but they purposely designed the car without side intakes, it was explained in detail within the episode.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Looking good, but they purposely designed the car without side intakes, it was explained in detail within the episode.
Right! That's why I said I was only looking at the front of the car, not the added side vents in the render. I think the ventless sides are perfectly fine and overall the cars look really good still.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

Episode 5 was pretty decent with the crazy off-road vehicles in Dubai. Great filming as always. That little VW Up GTI that May drove was interesting, but nothing we will ever see in the US. However, that last bit with the Ken Block style video was painful. I used to own an STI like the one in the vid that I wish I kept and it was hard to see one get wrecked. :doh:

The latest episode (6), the one with the Jaguars, was one of my favorites so far. Just good fun and I had a good laugh. If anything it made me want to road trip in Colorado, that place looks beautiful!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 am

The last two episodes were VASTLY better than anything that came before, apart from the STI thing. I even enjoyed the guest feature in episode 6 cause I finally knew who the guests were lol

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Average at best for me. Maybe I appreciate drooling at the supercars under full throttle :manual:

Entertaining nonetheless :D

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 pm

I'm enjoying this series. The chemistry between those three clowns is unmatched, and they are clearly having a lot of fun doing what they do. I love the little things they train you to watch for in each show, like what new stupid thing will be going on in the silhouette splash screen for Conversation Street.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:02 am

like what new stupid thing will be going on in the silhouette splash screen for Conversation Street.
Hahaha so true! :D

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Watched Episode 7 and I feel they found their momentum now. That Huracan Performante is terrific seems Lamborghini have finally reinvented themselves. I liked the Audi Quattro/Lancia 037 topic reminded me the heydays of Group B :rockon:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:10 pm

This was definitely the BEST episode to date IMHO. Love the Lambo feature and the Rally history lesson. Also enjoyed the mobile gas filling service skit. Well done guys! :clap:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 am

I agree, probably the best episode yet for the Performante segment and the the Audi/ Lancia rally history. Actually, the rally thing was one of the best features I've seen on Top Gear or Grand Tour so far, I just loved it and it was very well done. More like that! :clap:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am

Audi/ Lancia rally history. Actually, the rally thing was one of the best features I've seen on Top Gear or Grand Tour so far, I just loved it and it was very well done. More like that!
100%. Looking to next week! :popcorn:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am

Compared to last week’s wonderful episode, the last one (episode 8) was kind of a dud to me. Besides the early scene where they took the classic Jaguar vs Aston on the Pau road course, the rest of the feature was a bit boring and throwing the new Civic Type R in with those classics was a bit strange. Struggling to enjoy the classic cars on the road to show how far modern cars have come, offering more performance while still being livable on the roads, is that the message here? Considering the original Jag and Aston were purpose build race cars of the 50s that’s not surprising!

Otherwise, the Ford GT bit was pretty good. Was nice to see them take it to the track where it belongs. And damn is that a nice looking car, something I didn’t really get until seeing that segment.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:38 am

My reaction to the last episode 8 is quite different. I really enjoyed it. The new old stock or the Jag and AM are solid. Some great laughs within the drama too. On the flip side that Honda Type R is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly, who buys FUGLY like this :o

Again that Ford GT is a monster, but still could not beat the Lamborghini is all :drool:

Return to “Off Topic”