WTB: Exoto GT40 MKIV Andretti #3 "wreck"

Having a hard time locating that special model or need to find a part to complete a project, post it here.
Forum rules
Please use one of the following thread topic abbreviations at the beginning of your subject line:

"FS:" = FOR SALE
"WTB:" = WANT TO BUY
"WTT:" = WANT TO TRADE

A few simple rules to remember:

* You must have a minimum of 50 posts to create a thread or solicit sales from members
* Create a complete topic and body thread
* Keep your item(s) to the appropriate forum
* Please provide price, brand, and photo(s) of item(s)
* When your item is sold please edit the title of your thread to display "SOLD"
* Do not cross post

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The DiecastSociety.com Classifieds are for personal use only, no commercial or similar posts will be accepted unless you are a DiecastSociety.com official Banner Advertiser. DiecastSociety.com has no liability for the information contained within the adverts placed here, or for the worthiness of the goods being advertised. All buying and selling on the forum is done so entirely at the risk of those involved in the agreement. The forum can not be held responsible for failed agreements, or any incorrect information given by the buyer/seller. For more details please inquire by email. Thank you, the DS Team
carsandcapp

WTB: Exoto GT40 MKIV Andretti #3 "wreck"

Post by carsandcapp » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 am

Hi All,

Greetings from North Carolina USA. New member here with a simple ask. I'd like to buy the Exoto model (retired) that depicts the Andretti driven (and wrecked) Ford GT40 MkIV from the '67 LeMans race. Or, I'd like to find a similarly scaled car that could then be modified to show the aftermath of that event/accident. Why? Because I am in possession of a magnesium wheel from that actual car and I would like to display this wheel and the model together. Please send a PM if you know of one for sale or if you believe you can assist in the modification of an existing non-wrecked model. Thanks in advance.

DennisB

Re: WTB: Exoto GT40 MKIV Andretti #3 "wreck"

Post by DennisB » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:09 pm

I have the Exoto #1 Mk1V 1967 driven by Andretti/Mclaren. Not sure if it would work for you.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:31 pm

There was a guy that converted these about 20 years ago, but I believe he passed away. Search for Dennis Koleber. They may pop up on Ebay from time to time. If you're going to make your own, might be easier to start with a Shelby Collectibles version, especially if you're going to destroy it.

more info from Exoto here: https://www.exoto.com/s/1/ProductDetail ... uctId=1898

DennisB

Post by DennisB » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:12 pm

Dennis Koleber who did the “dirty” mods passed away a year or so ago.

Return to “Diecast "WANT" Classifieds”