Photographing inexpensive way

General discussions for all camera gear, camera equipment, camera products, general tips and tricks, and more.
Stangfreak

Photographing inexpensive way

Post by Stangfreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:24 am

I'm not sure when it was I really got into photographing my cars, but I have tried several ways. I do know it does not take a bunch of expensive and hard to understand equipment. I ran across a man, Michael Paul Smith that did the most fantastic and detailed photos I have seen to date.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/obit ... -dead.html

He said in one of his videos all he used was a small digital camera. I bought one similar and found great results. I built photo booths at first.

I later built garage dioramas, both 1/64th and 1/24th scales to photograph my models in.
1/64th
1/24th

My little Sony P32 Cyber-Shot digital camera for about $230.00 has done just fine for me for over 10 years. Only 3.2 mega pixels. The memory cards and programs became outdated.

So I upgraded to a Sony larger model Cyber-Shot with 20.1 mega pixels for $435.00 which did no better. In fact all the settings and functions on this new camera were quite complicated and hard to understand. I think it has a setting that will brush your teeth too.

I later build small photographing sets to use pictures or postcards as backdrops.

All~in~All, you don't need to invest mega bucks to enjoy photographing our beloved little cars!!!

Stangfreak

Re: Photographing inexpensive way

Post by Stangfreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:33 am

I have tried some outdoor photographing but not real good at it yet.
1/24th scale

1/18th scale

Return to “Photography”