Photobucket takes photo's hostage

General discussions for all camera gear, camera equipment, camera products, general tips and tricks, and more.
Zondaracer

Photobucket takes photo's hostage

Post by Zondaracer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:43 am

I just noticed my photo's can no longer be seen. I need to upgrade my Photobucket account which costs hundreds of dollards per year. Ofcourse I won't, so sorry about that.
I have some webspace via my email account and will use that from now on. Hopefully Photobucket gets assaulted for this mob practice and turns back their dirty policy.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Photobucket takes photo's hostage

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:34 am

I've been noticing a lot of weird call outs from people using their site. Did they at least warn customers?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:12 am

No they didn't. Just got a message (instead of the non displayed photo's) that under their free account rules it is not allowed to do third party sharing. Possibly they recently changed the regulations of which they sent a notice. But can't recall seeing it.

ChrisBu

Post by ChrisBu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:38 am

That was so scummy of them. Unbelievable.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:48 am

It's now possible to install add on's in Firefox that go around the Photobucket hostage, but I've already deleted my account and pics on the Photobucket server.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 am

Zondaracer wrote:It's now possible to install add on's in Firefox that go around the Photobucket hostage, but I've already deleted my account and pics on the Photobucket server.
That would be the best route. :okay:

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:56 pm

It seems Photobucket has changed its payment schedule and hosted pics are visible again. They now have a free signup and smaller fees for paid storage and hosting. It won't work. Noone trusts Photobucket anymore, but anyway nice to see their photo hostage scheme failed.

Stangfreak

Post by Stangfreak » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:27 am

I also have had my ups and downs with photobucket. I was down for almost 3 full years with them wanting me to upgrade and upgrade. I finally gave in and now it's costing me $9.99 a month for the first 6 months.
There is no way to contact anyone about any problems you may have and even deleting photos does not clear up any space for you. Good luck to all dealing with them!!!

Return to “Photography”