CMR Models - Need some advice please

CMR related news, headlines and general discussion.
DiecastDen

CMR Models - Need some advice please

Post by DiecastDen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:26 am

I searched for some discussion on CMR models but didn't find too much. I was hoping anyone who has purchased these models could give me some feedback. They seem really tempting for the price right now on Fivediecast or CKmodels and I'm a big fan of the Porsche 917 models. I normally collect Spark, GT Spirit, Autoart and have a few Norev's and Minichamps. What brand would you compare the CMR model's quality, details, overall to? before ordering I'm just trying to understand where they fit in on the list of brands. I have a number of Porsche 917 on pre-order from Spark but wondering if these might be worth it for the price instead.

Thanks!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: CMR Models - Need some advice please

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:13 am

I don't have first-hand knowledge of their race models. As for brand comparison, maybe OttOmoible, however, there seems to be a lack of discipline or consistency with each release. Pricing is great for those wanting a taste of the hobby, especially for those classic race cars that are usually reserved for the elite brands... At the end the day it depends what matters to you, shelf presence or the ultimate detail? Some reviews below.

https://diecastsociety.com/model-reviews/#C

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am

I don't own CMR models, but I have had the same questions a year ago as you have. I went to my favourite local shop to look at some of their models, so I have seen some in the flesh. And honestly, wasn't very impressed. The Porsche 917 looks to be the exact same model that Norev had for years (same mold?) and the rest all looked a bit 'lifeless'. They're in no way comparable to Spark, the exterior details on a Spark model are way, way better. Also Ottomobile and GT Spirit have a better presence, finer details and better paint work. But, Spark is 3 time the price, Otto/GTS double the price.

They are not expensive (50-60 euro's here), but also not worth more than that.

DiecastDen

Post by DiecastDen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Thanks so much everyone this is exactly what I needed to know, I'll probably stick with Spark for racing models for now, I don't mind paying the premium for the better details. Shelf presence is nice to have but getting up close and seeing the extra quality means more to me in the end.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

DiecastDen wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:24 pm
Thanks so much everyone this is exactly what I needed to know, I'll probably stick with Spark for racing models for now, I don't mind paying the premium for the better details. Shelf presence is nice to have but getting up close and seeing the extra quality means more to me in the end.
I like your style! :okay:

Return to “CMR (Classic Model Replicars)”