Realistic dioramas as display case?

Showcase your partially three-dimensional, full-size replica or scale model creations.
Wojciech

Realistic dioramas as display case?

Post by Wojciech » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:48 am

Hello everyone :)

some time ago I came up with an idea of creating dioramas which meant to be a display base for cars in 1:18 scale. There are several images below, dimensions are 16 x 32 cm (and height 14 cm with acrylic glass case). I am not here for advertising or sale - I would like to hear your opinions regarding displaying models in such way, because I’m not a collector - at least yet ;) (my type for first car is Mercedes 560 sec by KK scale) I guess that car models are very often stored in factory packaging or on special shelves, but I also found similar product on the market (for example under Atlantic Case brand).

To be honest, setting up international sale seems a bit problematic to me and I am not sure if general idea is worth trying, assuming that dioramas would be priced around 110 USD. I built seven different variants so far.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Realistic dioramas as display case?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:06 pm

Hi, In my opinion there is a time or place for such a display or should I say specific collector. For me I could afford the price, but not the realistate, as my collection is 700+ pieces and all of which on display. I would have to weight the awesome look vs. the require footprint, the latter would win for me.

As for the presentation, it looks good! Does the price include protective cover?

Wojciech

Post by Wojciech » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:10 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:06 pm
Hi, In my opinion there is a time or place for such a display or should I say specific collector. For me I could afford the price, but not the realistate, as my collection is 700+ pieces and all of which on display. I would have to weight the awesome look vs. the require footprint, the latter would win for me.
I agree, perhaps it is useful for 'highlighting' some models or for much, much smaller collection ;) thank you for the feedback
[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:06 pm
As for the presentation, it looks good! Does the price include protective cover?
Yes.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:56 pm

With the cover in hand, I belive price is fair.

Return to “Dioramas”