** PSA: WARNING! C&R Hobbies & Collectables **

How did your transaction go? Let the other members know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
[KRAFTIG]

** PSA: WARNING! C&R Hobbies & Collectables **

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm not going into great detail, but I paid for BNIB model I received a used and damaged model instead. This was my first sale with the disclosed retailer, and my last. I tried to retain a full refund but they declined, I would be out of pocket $34-$40 in shipping charges after all is said and done if I chose to return. Which begs the question WHY?

The on-line ad/link (which is no longer available), had ZERO mention of a possible used, damaged or anything else one would consider other than BNIB. If it did I would never of pressed the buy button.

Here's a portion taken from their "Terms and Conditions" that were conveniently pointed out after the sale. Pretty much sums up the type of individual(s) we have here. WORD TO WISE, SHOP ELSEWHERE!
PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

C&R Hobbies Collectibles and its associates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, C&R Hobbies Collectibles does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by C&R Hobbies Collectibles itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition. C&R Hobbies Collectibles is not responsable for return shipment charges.

rochester

Re: ** PSA: WARNING! C&R Hobbies & Collectables **

Post by rochester » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 am

That's why you should ALWAYS read 'the fine print'...............don't like what you read, or never dealt with a seller?........ask first, buy later. CAVEAT EMPTOR.....and I'm NOT trying to be mean spirited, but as is rather painfully obvious, there are people out there that are NOT ethical, and really don't give a rat's rear about you as a buyer.

Get photos of your intended purchase....if they can't provide detail pictures, pass on the purchase.............whatever it is that you wanted to buy will come available again sooner or later.............none of these models are 'One of a Kind'...........the same for the 'oops' from the Korean/Chinese seller........always ask for DETAILED info....(1) scale, (2) condition - new/displayed, any damage, (3) photos to verify what the seller tells you.

Now, that said, once you've established a rapport with a seller and have conducted several transactions, chances are you'll learn to trust each other. If you buy on e-BAY, you should have the e-BAY buyers guarantee....if you don't, just pass on the item.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: ** PSA: WARNING! C&R Hobbies & Collectables **

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 am

I live by the above advice and others should as well.

This was another curve ball from a brick and mortar/online shop that I would not suspect would pull off such a stunt, especially for a first-time buyer. Ethics are a thing of the past it seems... Live and learn my friends...

Return to “Member / Private Sale / Brick & Mortar Feedback”