BUYER BEWARE! Do not buy from Screetoy UPDATED!!

How did your transaction go? Let the other members know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Kwando

BUYER BEWARE! Do not buy from Screetoy UPDATED!!

Post by Kwando » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 pm

He's not a member on here but I urge anyone to think twice about buying anything from Screetoy/Screetoy Concepts. It’s partly my fault as there were a number of red flags before I sent him the money but my love for M3’s got the best of me. After back and forth emails with him, thinking he was a good guy, I sent him $375 for one of his custom M3s. Big mistake. Communication wasn’t bad up until I sent him the money but now this coward won’t return my emails.

First he claimed the clear coat needed to dry, then eventually sent it out with the promise of the tracking number. Fast forward a few weeks later and no tracking number I followed up with him and he claims it went out earlier in the week and again, will get back to me with a tracking number. Nearly two months later - nothing.

Of course paypal won’t do sh!t after 45 days. I guess they assume that after those 45 days have past, I’d be able to get a return email from the seller and the problem will magically solve itself. But I trusted him based on the number of other customs he’s done for others so I’m not sure why he chose me.

Anyway, things will be a little less joyous over the holidays now that I'm out $375. Just thought I’d give you a heads up. He’s as shady as the ADV.1 and DPE. Buy at your own risk.

UPDATE: Just to provide closure to this issue. I finally ended up receiving the model. After I made a few threads he finally contacted me with a tracking number and it was finally posted..much later than he had originally claimed. But the important thing is that the model came through at the end and now it's proudly displayed with her brothers and sisters on my shelf. I love it alot and it definitely stands out in the sea of black, white, and silver M3s. I'm glad I made the decision to get Atacama Yellow. It'll go nicely once Kyosho releases the e89 Z4 in the same colour. :okay:

Not a great picture but you can just imagine only the awesome-est M3 ever.

Last edited by Kwando on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: BUYER BEWARE! Do not buy from Screetoy

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey Dennis I'm sorry to hear about your less than successful transaction with this tool. You will learn from your mistakes, unfortunately others will suffer for your lack of trust on future purchases. One thing to remember there is no shame in opening a dispute with Paypal well in advance of their deadlines, you are only protecting yourself.

Cuda Jeff

Post by Cuda Jeff » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm

On man! sad story!

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Yea I only have myself to blame for not opening a dispute..I will not make the same mistake again that's for sure. Life goes on.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Hey, whatever happened here?

Kwando

Re: BUYER BEWARE! Do not buy from Screetoy UPDATED!!

Post by Kwando » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 pm

I updated the first post with a positive resolution. I ended up receiving the model but it definitely reinforced the need to be careful with who you deal with in any case.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: BUYER BEWARE! Do not buy from Screetoy UPDATED!!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Very good!

Return to “Member / Private Sale / Brick & Mortar Feedback”