Warning for Aussie collectors

How did your transaction go? Let the other members know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
wotda

Warning for Aussie collectors

Post by wotda » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:57 am

Recently i brought 2 models from a gumtree seller. After contacting the seller and asking the questions, request pics, etc i was ok that its safe to buy. Now the models arrived today and too my horror they were not what he said. The info that i got was these models were new with COA, but they had no COA and were damaged servely. One had broken suspension and broken wheels on all four. The other had a busted boot and dented roof. These damages looks to be done prior because the postage box had no damage.

So i have been contacting the seller throughout the day but he never responded. I have already reported the seller to gumtree. Now as for his ads, when i checked this morning he had 10 models for sale at 100 each. By midday he had 3 at 80 each and now his got 1 at negotiable.

I know i m not going to get my 200 dollars back, its just are warning to the Aussie members on this forum.

This is his ad

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/chadston ... 1115264779

And here's the profile just in case he takes that ad off and then repost it later on.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-seller/Peter/1011666362

Just heads up.
Last edited by wotda on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Warning for Aussie collectors

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 am

Sorry to hear the bad news. How does one pay via gumtree? Can you file a claim similar to PayPal?

wotda

Post by wotda » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 am

Normally its via bank transfer and so no buyers protection. The only thing i can do is report the seller.

I have brought excellent models at cheaper prices and in mint condition from gumtree without any issue. I always ask for photos of everything, from the box, COA and things that might break very easily.

I'll now wait for a response in which i know they can't do anything.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:39 am

THAT SUCKS!

wotda

Post by wotda » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:07 am

I have also added his general selling page now. Considering he had taken off his previous two ads after me ringing him up during the day.

I wouldn't be surprise that now that his busted he will take this remaining ad off and then repost it back up in a week or two later.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:12 am

He'll just come back under a new alias.

HAROMASTER

Post by HAROMASTER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:01 pm

What a piece of sh!t, sorry I think most of us can relate in one way another to this situation.

wotda

Post by wotda » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:40 am

As mention on lucky13 eBay seller, had similar situation to this SOB.

Cut the story short, after reporting him to gumtree, two weeks later I received several sms from a mob number that Im not familiar with threats to harm because I reported him. Anyway I google the mob number and surprise surprise it belongs to this scum. He used his work number. I immediately contact the police about this. A week later I contact the police about the situation and the officer said they have contacted them and given him a warning. He mention although no criminal chargers was laid, he is on file now.

As much as these empty threats are just to intimidate, there are just too many nutters in the world now. So better safe then sorry.

AOS

Post by AOS » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:44 am

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate event, and wow what a guy to try and scare you off with an empty threat.

It would seem he doesn't have honest business tactics if he thought of doing that.

Best to proceed with caution where buyer protection is not guaranteed, and accept the risks involved in these situations before going ahead.
wotda wrote:So better safe then sorry.
than*

Return to “Member / Private Sale / Brick & Mortar Feedback”