Online Sellers Going Above & Beyond (Good Stories)

How did your transaction go? Let the other members know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Model Maniac

Online Sellers Going Above & Beyond (Good Stories)

Post by Model Maniac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:21 pm

We've had a lot of stories posted about bad experiences (horror stories) in buying models from certain online sellers. I just wanted to share a story of an online model retailer surprising me by going above and beyond with great customer service. It involves a purchase from Diecastmodelswholesale.com. I've read in some posts in this and other forums where some people have had not too flattering things to say about them. I've purchased probably a couple of dozen models from them over the years, and never had any bad experiences. Good prices, reasonable shipping charge and quick delivery. I recently purchased a 1/18 Ottomobile 1995 Mercedes SL73 AMG from them. As usual, I checked the tracking several times, and on the day that it was due, I happened to come home for lunch. I checked the tracking just 10 minutes after it showed it was delivered. Seeing it had been left I checked the porch...nothing there. I thought it strange as the delivery drivers almost always ring the door bell, and I was home. I checked the porch several more times through the day, but nothing. Now, I've never had a problem with porch pirates, and I have to large brick pillars at my porch that drivers usually put packages behind making hard to see them unless you come on the porch. So, I was doubtful it was stolen. I have, however, on a couple of occasions had delivery drivers leave packages at the same house number on another street in my housing edition. Anyway, I contacted FedEx and explained the story and they started a case. I then e-mailed Diecastmodelswholesale.com and explained what happened and told them the FedEx customer service agent told me they could start a claim and to give them the case number. Anyway, they checked with FedEx in California and were told that since it showed it was delivered on the tracking they could not file a claim. Well, after several e-mails back and forth about what each of us was experiencing in contacting FedEx, the customer service person I was communicating with at Diecastwholesale.com came back with "I can resend the car to you with signature required and take a loss. Please confirm." I almost fell out of my chair. Here I had an online seller communicating through e-mail, no face to face pressure, offering to take a loss on a $139.00 model just to make a customer happy. I was dumb-founded, to say the least. I received the replacement model yesterday and couldn't be happier.

I worked in retail customer service and managed customer based businesses for many years, and customer service is a pet peeve of mine. I feel it is quickly becoming a thing of the past, especially with online sellers. I haven't had an experience like that in a very long time, and NEVER with an online retailer. I felt compelled to share it with the collecting community.

If you've had a GREAT experience with a retailer, share your story. It's nice to hear a positive story for a change.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Online Sellers Going Above & Beyond (Good Stories)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Great story, thanks for sharing. I have some retail experience too, customer service is key to success. Diecastmodelswholesale.com is a sponsor here at DiecastSociey.com, support them as they support us! :deal:

PS "porch pirate" :D

Return to “Member / Private Sale / Brick & Mortar Feedback”