PSA: Watch out for the New British Car Industry!

How did your transaction go? Let the other members know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Amir

PSA: Watch out for the New British Car Industry!

Post by Amir » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:38 am

It is the second time some UK-eBay seller try to fool me by selling a FAKE high-end model! I live in Sweden I have bought from Italy, Spain, France, Germany but this style of model business is very common I GB!

Very easy, maybe too easy for some Lords or Kontes (yes even ladies selling for their old aunts) to make their own AutoArt or Kyosho! Anyone can easily take any cheap model (in this case a Maisto), make bottom plate by a 3D-printer with a high-end brand as AutoArt on, listing on eBay!

But as you folks know, it is not detailed, no quality, not even near an AutoArt model.

Last case I paid £47+ £12 GSP costs for the Garbage.
The naughty gentleman had 2 of the same fake. the other one is still

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOart-LAMBOR ... SwwRtbbc0V

There is no hydraulic mechanism! The trunk is made of plastic! No carpet! No door glass, (but some AutoArt Performance models are released without glass in doors.)

Seller listed item as "Stunning model" in " LOVELY CONDITION" Yes, even hinges were damaged! nothing but Garbage. I paid £60 for a FAKED AutoArt model!

Some qualities cannot be shown in dark, blurry, low-pixel photos (you know the seller is not a master photographer!)

Finally, I got £47 back thanks to eBay non-fake policy.

There are many Kyosho fake even New in Box on UK eBay! I have asked eBay not to list the empty boxes (to prevent that easy faking) but nothing happens! Your Interpretation, please! So be careful guys, Human is so a naughty animal.

PS According to eBay rules I keep the garbage. I gladly give it to Diecast Society for a nice Reportage if you wish.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: PSA: Watch out for the New British Car Industry!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks for the information. The topic was moved to the correct forum.

Return to “Member / Private Sale / Brick & Mortar Feedback”