Big Scale: 1/6 Hemi Twin Turbo

Modifiers corner! Post your latest creations, your "how to" tips and tricks. Custom model and parts development too.
duffy-duck21

Big Scale: 1/6 Hemi Twin Turbo

Post by duffy-duck21 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Hello everybody,

After a long absence, it is time to present my latest build, with which I have fulfilled my personal model building dream.

Anyone who knows my conversions will surely know that my passion is American classic cars with modern engines.
For my project, my choice was the 6.1 liter Hemi from the manufacturer Liberty Classics (as a Mopar fan, I was very happy :))

Various companies such as Steve Morris Engines, Nelson Racing Engines etc. served me as a model for the turbo conversion. In real life, my finished engine could be in an engine manufacturer's or tuner's showroom.

In terms of the level of detail, I tried to go as broad and deep as possible, which sometimes succeeded more or less well because I work without technical assistance such as 3D printing or a lathe.

With a bulding time of over 5 months, this was my most time-consuming conversion to date, which was a lot of fun for me (and my eyes) due to the large scale.

before:

after:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Big Scale: 1/6 Hemi Twin Turbo

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 pm

Wow, impressive!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:36 am

Whoa that is cool! Honestly a fantastic job. You have an instagram page by chance?

spikyone

Post by spikyone » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 am

Wow. That is absolutely stunning, really excellent craftsmanship. I hope you've got it displayed somewhere prominent! :clap:

Return to “Custom Models, Repairs & Parts Development”