1:18 Ferrari Hot Wheels 360 Spider White

Modifiers corner! Post your latest creations, your "how to" tips and tricks. Custom model and parts development too.
Kwando

1:18 Ferrari Hot Wheels 360 Spider White

Post by Kwando » Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 pm

I've been busy building up my white Ferrari collection and one of the cars I've wanted to add was a 360 Modena but given the availability of Whips version I decided settling for a spider version would be the most financially reasonable solution. My plan was to purchase one and a donor model to swap the silly looking rims and interior. Luckily I was able to source both locally for a decent price. The hiccup I had was that the donor model was a coupe model and stupid me, I didn't realize that the coupe chassis would not fit with the spider body because the interior and engine bay surround were different. So I had to spend more money to get a spider donor. Fortunately I was able to get one from the same local source for a decent price.

In the end I'm very happy with the result and for a regular Hot Wheels, I'm actually quite impressed with the quality. I'm currently debating whether I should paint the rims gunmetal. What are your thoughts?

Here's a picture of the spider chassis and interior compared to the coupe version:

The finished product. I will add better pics to my collection journal once I decide if I should paint the wheels.

With my other white Ferrari project I hope to post pics of soon.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: 1:18 Ferrari Hot Wheels 360 Spider White

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 04, 2017 10:00 pm

Not bad, cheaper than a custom paint job.

Kwando

Re: 1:18 Ferrari Hot Wheels 360 Spider White

Post by Kwando » Thu May 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Absolutely! For the price I paid I'm satisfied with the result.

Return to “Custom Models, Repairs & Parts Development”