Revell Custom Audi TT Coupe

Modifiers corner! Post your latest creations, your "how to" tips and tricks. Custom model and parts development too.
[KRAFTIG]

Revell Custom Audi TT Coupe

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 pm

This was a project in the making for years, since returning to the hobby just a little under two years ago and discovering a Yellow edition (Imola Yellow for Audi's sake) was available. Took me a few year's to final find one in good condition that would eventually become the project car. At first I thought the wait would extend as the base model was purchased from a UK buyer that claimed the model was in MINT condition (it was not) other than a little dust. Let me tell you it was more than a little dust, it was buried in decade of dust and more, lol. After completely ripping the model down to the bones a little soap, water, and a tooth brush did the trick. The body was in great shape and so was the paint!

The mods:

Basically the entire interior was resprayed in Black. All the trim work was repainted in the OEM chrome. I also painted some of the aluminum bits Revell mistakenly forgot to paint on the original release, i.e the radio cover.

The exterior remains the same. The only change is the obviously 19" BBS CH wheels. They aren't a perfect match but the quality is top notch (lucky I found local buyer in Canada selling a set). The brake rotors and calipers were purchased directly from Uli Nowak - 18mm front, 16mm rear. I also painted the calipers red to match the Brembo's on my 1:1. Lastly I added Euro plates using the DX thread, it was really quite easy. The plates match my 1:1 Canadian issue too. I really would of loved to add dual exhaust and the rear spoiler to match my 1:1 but unfortunately for me my skills aren't there just yet, maybe one day!

That's about it! It was a great learning experience, I had much fun sourcing and putting the project together.

Overall breakdown of expenses:

Car $45
Rims/Rubber $40
Calipers/Rotors $6
Paint and Brush $26
Glue $6
Printer Paper $4.25

Grand Total: $127.25

Thank you to the following people that helped with the project. Raidou, AJ Hobbies, John (lathe for drilling hubs), and Uli Nowak - THANK YOU. The 1:1 will follow the 1:18 images below. Enjoy the pics!

diecast

Re: Revell Custom Audi TT Coupe

Post by diecast » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 pm

TT in the last pic with that plate is your's..

Very well done with customization

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:05 am

Yes sir, she's for sale if you want her. No I want throw in the diecast ;)

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:48 am

You're selling the TT? What're you going to replace her with? TTRS? RS4?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am

Gavin wrote:You're selling the TT? What're you going to replace her with? TTRS? RS4?
One of those two for sure, I recently test drove both; I must say I was impressed with both but the TTRS was just insane! I'm totally in love with it! :love:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 am

A friend of a friend has one in Phantom Black & he absolutely loves it. He's a VAG nut as well...also has a Tornado Red Mk VI GTI 4-door, a '12 Toureg TDI & just bought an '84 Porsche 944 race car to replace the '06 Cayman S he just sold (He tows the 944 with the Toureg).

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am

Gavin wrote:A friend of a friend has one in Phantom Black & he absolutely loves it. He's a VAG nut as well...also has a Tornado Red Mk VI GTI 4-door, a '12 Toureg TDI & just bought an '84 Porsche 944 race car to replace the '06 Cayman S he just sold (He tows the 944 with the Toureg).
Hahaha AWESOME! :manual:

Return to “Custom Models, Repairs & Parts Development”