My collection

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
Gavin

Re: My collection

Post by Gavin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:46 pm

damnyouebay wrote:Sweet. Now lets see a detailed presentation of all the cars, lets say you do one a day ... it would only take around 18 months. Hehe!
that process has begun :deal: ...under the "Manufacturer by Brand" section, any new model gets its own thread. I've slowly been re-shooting my older models to my current pic format & posting new threads.

for example, in AutoArt. Last month I posted the BMW E46 M3's (http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/vi ... 32&t=3468) & BMW E21 323i (http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/vi ... =32&t=3451).

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Philip wrote:Love the 2 RS Spyders, especially the blue and white version. Reminds me of a Pescarolo....minus the green, of course!
Thanks...that one is my favorite as well.

detailed thread comparing the 2 different versions here: http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums/vi ... f=38&t=258

HAROMASTER

Post by HAROMASTER » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:40 pm

:wow:

wrx_triggerhappy

Post by wrx_triggerhappy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Gavin get those cars in a display buddy!!! Free them free them I say!!!!!! Liberate those beauties from their boxes. :rockon:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:34 pm

wrx_triggerhappy wrote:Gavin get those cars in a display buddy!!! Free them free them I say!!!!!! Liberate those beauties from their boxes. :rockon:
Hahahaha :lol:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:41 pm

working on it...hoping to get the basement started this summer :fingercrossed:

I've also been rotating 6 or so cars into our office upstairs.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:51 pm

I've also been rotating a few in my office. I keep some of my favourites there since I spend quite a bit of time in my office.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Thought it was about time to update this thread. We moved into our current house in late 2007 & this past summer decided to finally finish off the basement. Unfortunately, I don't have the know-how to build anything, so we paid our neighbor from our old house to do a lot of the work. He would show us how to get started & then we'd finish various pieces (putting up studs, drywall, dropped ceiling frames & tiles was kind of fun....mudding, sanding & painting flat out sucked :wall: ). Getting ready for the build required moving 500+ models to various rooms in the house (office, dining room & guest room), which made for many "fun" discussions with my wife & kids. When the basement was finally done, 3 months later, we moved all 500+ back. More discussions. :roll: :doh:

I found this Ikea set on Craigslist locally for $225 & as soon as carpet went down, the shelves were up. My wife & kids went to bed & I stayed up way too late filling the shelves. The displays below weren't really thought out too well...just grabbing models I've always loved, or models I already had out. I do need to get more shelves, but unfortunately, the closest Ikea is about 2 hours away. There is still some detail work to do...a bit of sanding/painting, fix some ceiling tiles & hang the TV, but I finally have a small display. :woot: Once the kids are done with their bigger toys, I'll get more displays.

Acrylic display I bought cheap...need to mount it somewhere. Currently sitting in its temporary home in the office. All of these models were bought without boxes, which is why they're in this display.

Models on display at work. I have higher end versions of all of these except the Gullwing (which is a slightly damaged hobby version...have a mint DE at home).

and the rest of the collection in one of the storage rooms (will be reorganized at some point...its a disaster right now).

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:48 pm

That is AWESOME! Congrats on finally getting to enjoy some of your great collection. I would highly recommend you move to glass selves, and you can definitely squeeze in a few more too ;)

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Very nice! I would also suggest looking at some of those acrylic rises to fit some more cars on each of the shelves.

Ram

Post by Ram » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:10 pm

Wow mate! That's very nice! You have a great collection!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 pm

lol Gavin very famously has everything

HAROMASTER

Post by HAROMASTER » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:18 pm

holy KUCF!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:That is AWESOME! Congrats on finally getting to enjoy some of your great collection. I would highly recommend you move to glass selves, and you can definitely squeeze in a few more too ;)
Thanks, KRAFTIG. Would love to replace the wood shelves with glass...its cheaper, too. At some point that will happen. They're opening an Ikea here in town within the next year. I've waited this long, figure I can wait a bit longer. ;)
Kwando wrote:Very nice! I would also suggest looking at some of those acrylic rises to fit some more cars on each of the shelves.
Thanks, Dennis. I always liked how those risers looked & Tisen started posting them here, right around the time I bought the shelves...so, good timing I think.
Rams wrote:Wow mate! That's very nice! You have a great collection!
Thanks, Rams...very pleased with my collection.
StratosWRC wrote:lol Gavin very famously has everything
Maybe not everything, but quite a few, yeah...and not a single car over $140. :rockon:
HAROMASTER wrote:holy KUCF!
Pretty much my wife's expression, after helping move them twice. :lol:

wrx_triggerhappy

Post by wrx_triggerhappy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Gavin... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Whole display looks amazing and congrats! I think you'll have to give tips to us all about keeping the "interesting discussions with the wife" vs. hearing the "are you insane?!" discussion hahaha. Way to go buddy!

Return to “Member Collections”