The great wall

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
Mikey MKIV

The great wall

Post by Mikey MKIV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey guys, Mike here, new member. Heres my 26' wall of wisdom. Tops are 1/24 mostly Danbury Mint and Franklin mint. Bottoms are 1/18 AutoArt, Exoto, CMC etc... Iv been shedding the cheapos lately, so this is a bit less than what I used to have. After acquiring more high end models, alot of the cheaper ones I had just didnt do it for me anymore. Theres so many more i need....

[KRAFTIG]

Re: The great wall

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:16 pm

I love it! Great wall indeed! Welcome to DS!

jface

Post by jface » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 pm

I like the display and nice collection. Welcome to DS

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Wow! Some incredible gems there..you must post more pics!

I see you have some cars sitting on top of the COA..I would be worried about tire residue coming off.

momodels

Post by momodels » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Interesting cabinet, welcome aboard!

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Thank you all! I am currently looking to add some of the new AAs coming, going to be an expensive season.

Kwando, good point, took me a minute to realize what you were pointing out, I may tend to that now that you say that. Although there is no sort of residue or indentation thus far.

Its tough trying to determine "my best" 1/18, but I still have to say its probably the AA Lambo Murci 40th... Oh if only I had some insight into the future when I clicked "buy now" qty of 1 for $59.99 when they were released....

Is anyone here into 1/24 danbury mint/franklin mints, or is this 99% 1/18s? That makes up most of the upper 1/24s on my wall.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Good to know. I only speak from experience. Maybe it's the conditions in my room or whatever but I've noticed on some of my models there is some kind of oil/residue on some of my wheels that have been sitting for awhile.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Is anyone here into 1/24 danbury mint/franklin mints, or is this 99% 1/18s? That makes up most of the upper 1/24s on my wall.
Not many but I do want the Bigfoot replica in 1:24. Have it?

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 pm

No dont have that, I once had a very well hand built Revell version, but that has perished many years ago somehow.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 am

Mikey MKIV wrote:No dont have that, I once had a very well hand built Revell version, but that has perished many years ago somehow.
Is this from their plastic model kits or diecast?

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am

It was plastic (OOPS i said it!!)haha, but a diecast version of that truck would be awesome. You said DM makes it?

On another note, does anyone have any idea why AA refuses to make roadster versions of some models? So they nailed the reventon, no roadster.. The Aventador is awesome, no roadster (maybe they will). The whole Gallardo lineup is great, however has no roadster. I would kill for the reventon and aventador roadsters, unfortunately I'd have to shell out at least $1K for a pair of MRs... I just cant do it, even though they look absolutely incredible. As far as the gallardo, i cant get myself to buy the Maisto version.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Mikey MKIV wrote:It was plastic (OOPS i said it!!)haha, but a diecast version of that truck would be awesome. You said DM makes it?

On another note, does anyone have any idea why AUTOart refuses to make roadster versions of some models? So they nailed the reventon, no roadster.. The Aventador is awesome, no roadster (maybe they will). The whole Gallardo lineup is great, however has no roadster. I would kill for the reventon and aventador roadsters, unfortunately I'd have to shell out at least $1K for a pair of MRs... I just cant do it, even though they look absolutely incredible. As far as the gallardo, i cant get myself to buy the Maisto version.

The only one I'm aware of is from FM - 1:24

I'm sure the roadster versions of the some of these Lambos are in the works. Hopefully an announcement will be made fro 2014...

AMTG

Post by AMTG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 am

if it takes me 5mins to observe a single model, it would take me more than 15hours drooling around all those treasures :wow: great collections you have :worthy:

BMW Fan

Post by BMW Fan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Very nice collection!

On a side note, that Bigfoot model looks like a quirky model I'd love to have. Definitely something different.

Return to “Member Collections”