damnyouebay`s collection

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
damnyouebay

damnyouebay`s collection

Post by damnyouebay » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello, I am new here. :)

So, after many years of not caring about diecast due to mostly collecting ugly Buragos in my teens, and losing interest once I reaIized how generic they were, I randomly discovered the more high end stuff and the interest awakened anew.

I literally started a month ago or so, so not that much to show yet. :oops: But considering how much time I spend on ebay looking at models (and reading about them here) I am sure I will have several soon. And no money left.

Anyway, here is what I have bought so far (all 1:18, nothing else is interesting) + a tiny comment on each car. Excuse the photos, I am useless at photography.

(Destroyed) Autoart Porsche 996 GT3 RSR Yokohama: I am a huge Porsche whore, so obviously had to start with that. A bit disappointed with this one, though. The stance looks wrong, and the rear wheels are much further inside the body than the front wheels. Other than that its great, although my first ebay purchase resulted in getting it in the box for a Nissan(!), and the seller saying they did that if the boxes were not perfect, offering a 5$ discount. Odd. It also came with a marginally bent rear wheel and one of the exhaust rattling around in the box. Not a good start. :lol: The rest of the car was mint though, and had the metall wires holding parts down.

(Dont know where it is, lol)Minichamps Porsche 997 GT3 R GDL Racing: This one I actually like better than the Autoart one, despite being cheaper and a sealed model. It just looks right. Also it came mint in the correct box. :clap:

(Destroyed)Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari F430 Challenge: Not really a Ferrari fan, but I always liked this one. This car was a surprise to me, I didnt expect it to be this nice at 40 euros. Definetely the best bang for buck so far. Gonna get the 458 Hankook because of this.

(Sold)Autoart BMW 635 CSi (Spa 1986 winner): This car is what I call ugly-cool, and I love me some BMW`s. A very good model, although once again I was not super happy with the purchase. The car was loosely attached to the base, so it squeeked away as I was carring iy out of the post office. Tense moments until I got it out of the box, and luckily its perfect. Probably been out for pictures only, because it looked brand new. Still annoying, as it also lacked the wires sealing it. That said, its one of my favourites, just a totally badass model, great job by Autoart.

PS: This model is super heavy, easily the heaviest of my cars. Lots of metal, even the bottom/undertray.

(Sold)Autoart BMW E30 DTM Fina: Not gonna be the last E30 DTM I get, love these boxes of fun. Excellent purchase, while its not cheap, its just worth it. Great model with lots of detail.

Other than this I have an old Pauls Model Art Williams FW19 and a Spark 997 Falken on the way with the mail. Looking forward to my first Spark! After that I plan on getting the Autoart Alfa Romeo 155 DTM (first signature model :okay: ) and ... probably some BMW`s. And some more Porsches. And some ... My watch list on ebay is depressing, hence my username, hehe.
Last edited by damnyouebay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: damnyouebay`s (tiny) collection

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi great start to the new collection. Welcome to DS!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:41 pm

I love a good collection of race cars. To avoid ebay troubles, I'd suggest going to a local diecast shop, if there is one in your area, or looking through local classifieds. Tons of deals to be had. Welcome and looking forward to seeing more from you.

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Gotta love a collection where all of them have numbers on the doors!

eBay is a hit or miss proposition, although I would say that after over 15 years and close to 3000 transactions, my hit percentage is probably close to 97.5%. And with eBay's greater buyer's bias now than when I started, you are pretty much in control in terms of leverage against a seller (been there, on both sides).

Looking forward to more.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:06 am

That's a great start...hard to go wrong with Porsche & BMW.

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks for the tips! I actually found a pretty rare (I think) car by local googling, new in box:

This is the only one on ebay right now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-M3-1992 ... 3ce4e1927f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got it for 80 euros or so.

Philip

Post by Philip » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I have to agree with the rest on here...you're off to a flying start. All really nice models. I agree with you on the Autoart Porsche. The Minichamps resin 911 GT3 models are spot-on stance-wise, and are lovely models. I have 2 of them, and may well add a couple more.

If you do buy the Hankook 458, you won't be disappointed as it's a beaut. Mattel Elites really are about the best bang for buck models out there, and getting better all the time....get 'em while you can, folks!

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :beer:

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Here are a few more:

(Hate it, gonna sell it when I find the styrofoam)The Spark 997 Falken:

Last edited by damnyouebay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:54 pm

(Sold)And the Minichamps BMW M3 DTM 2012 (Spengler). Omg, this model is nice, instantly one of my favourites:

Just a shame only the doors open.
Last edited by damnyouebay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 pm

I was so close to buying the white one, but I just can't live with the fact that only the doors open. Still, these cars look SO GOOD

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:40 am

Great collection so far. Love BMW 635 racer.

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Yup, its a let down that only the doors open, but its such a nice model. I also saw Minichaps is releasing a lot of the other DTM BMW`s, I am going to have to get a few more.

Thanks, Sanchez. :)

(Sold)Got this one today, just a lovely little car:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Welcome to the Jager Beemer club!

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Great set of race cars!

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks!

(Sold)But now I am sad. :(

Return to “Member Collections”