Jase G's Collection -Feb/Mar 2019 - end of thread

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
StratosWRC

Re: Jase G's Collection -Collection Update 24Oct2016

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:06 am

that looks stunning man

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 am

agreed...love it. The interior looks fantastic.

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks fella! I found some great (and inexpensive) water-based acrylics to do interiors....soooo many color choices the fact that they can be thinned with water makes keeping the interior finishes thin yet vibrant works out well! those seats probably took me a few hours to paint by hand!

mazspd3jase

Re: Jase G's Collection -Collection Update 28Oct2016

Post by mazspd3jase » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Chiron Roadster - "The White Pearl"
A complete writeup of this build is located in the custom models forum on the site.

More shots of the model and build located in the "custom models" forum

All 5 Chirons

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:49 am

Looks good. You're becoming an expert in custom Chiron. The line up is impressive several years ahead of the diecast manufacturers.

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Atalante wrote:Looks good. You're becoming an expert in custom Chiron. The line up is impressive several years ahead of the diecast manufacturers.
Well thanks man!!!! I really appreciate that compliment! a lil ingenuity goes a LONG WAY with bargain models for sure!

Autobahn

Post by Autobahn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Those Chirons look fantastic. I love all of them. You should start a side gig, just making custom-built Chirons! :rockon:

I also like the GTIs and the changes you made to them. The GT3 looks great as-is; I may have to see if I can find one of those before they disappear from eBay and online sellers.

Also, that RS6 Avant looks SO much better in my opinion. Thanks for the advice on the S63 and Bentley models. I think I will tackle those projects in the next few weeks now that I'll have a bit more time around the holidays.

In addition, I'd like to add carpeting, since I figure I might as well do it while I have the models apart. I may practice on an old Maisto model first, however, as that's something I haven't attempted before.

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:07 pm

Autobahn wrote:Those Chirons look fantastic. I love all of them. You should start a side gig, just making custom-built Chirons! :rockon:

I also like the GTIs and the changes you made to them. The GT3 looks great as-is; I may have to see if I can find one of those before they disappear from eBay and online sellers.

Also, that RS6 Avant looks SO much better in my opinion. Thanks for the advice on the S63 and Bentley models. I think I will tackle those projects in the next few weeks now that I'll have a bit more time around the holidays.

In addition, I'd like to add carpeting, since I figure I might as well do it while I have the models apart. I may practice on an old Maisto model first, however, as that's something I haven't attempted before.
thanks man....chirons were fun to do for sure~so many directions one can go with paint schemes. I'd jump on the GT3 if you have a chance......the grey version is so much nicer than the original red one I converted into a 911r (they seemed to address many issues from the original release) I have seen a yellow version of the model out there, but it was VERY pricey as I think they are getting harder to find. The grey one was a BARGAIN.

as for flocking and carpeting, def. best to practice first. I have years of experience from 1/24 plastic kit building/customizing.....for me, customizing cheaper models makes this hobby so much fun. The chirons were all under $15 U.S from Costco..and turned out to look a million times better/much pricier in the end.

Autobahn

Post by Autobahn » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks for the advice- on adding carpeting to my cheaper models and on the GT3! Any model purchases will have to wait until after Christmas, and until I unload some of my existing models, but that GT3 is at the top of my want list.

I agree about the thrill of making cheaper models look more expensive. I just wish I was better at it, even half as good as you!

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Autobahn wrote:Thanks for the advice- on adding carpeting to my cheaper models and on the GT3! Any model purchases will have to wait until after Christmas, and until I unload some of my existing models, but that GT3 is at the top of my want list.

I agree about the thrill of making cheaper models look more expensive. I just wish I was better at it, even half as good as you!

seriously just takes practice and patience...but for me, that is why i love the hobby!

SHERLIE

Post by SHERLIE » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:47 am

Where can I purchase a display shelf for the garage so that I can display my hpi racing car collection?

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 am

SHERLIE wrote:Where can I purchase a display shelf for the garage so that I can display my hpi racing car collection?
I built the diorama/garage from scratch....not something to purchase

mazspd3jase

Re: Jase G's Collection -Collection Update 6Sept2017

Post by mazspd3jase » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Collection update 6 Sept 2017

Well folks, it has been a while…and it’s actually been a long couple of weeks here in Houston. Anyhow, I am thankful that my home and family rode the storm out with no damage but sad for all those that have suffered all sorts of losses here.
As for my year of collecting, I have backed off some and really limited brand/model purchasing. As much as I love the hobby, it’s simply gotten to expensive to keep up with every single model I want. Below are all that I’ve gotten since my last update….and I do have a few more in my workshop undergoing extensive mods. Enjoy the Pics!!!

Maisto Centanario Models
One just received minor tweaks and retained the original paint job. The other two are deeper builds, with the roadster being a major build (and yes, it is NOT meant to be an exact replica of the real Centenario Roadster-I’m personally not a huge fan of the way Lamborghini carried out the design, so I did my build how I envisioned the car might look.

GT Spirit 991 GT3-RS & Bburago 997 GT3-RS

the Gt Spirit model received very minor changes (suspension, front window removal, carpeting and yellow seatbelts).

Otto Audi B5 RS4 Avant

GTSpirit Mercedes AMG SL’s

This pair was purchased separately….one was discounted for “box damage”. As my collection of AMG SL’s is SL63 & SL65 variants. As normal, I do the 63s in silver and the 65s in Pearl White.

ND Mx-5 Miata

Maisto Ferrari 458 Speciale

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 am

Nice! What's up with the front window removal on the GTS?

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:02 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Nice! What's up with the front window removal on the GTS?
personally feel that is the weak point in many gts and otto models....i cant stand the solid one piece crap they use and just "paint in" the shut lines. In my opinion ruins a perfectly executed model. I have a container with all said removed windows in case I ever decided to put them back in. To me, looks better without. I've pretty much removed them for any GTS & Otto model.

Return to “Member Collections”