CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
CarcrazyinArkansas

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:37 pm

Larry is a dear friend. He grew up driving a 1948 Ford F1 as his first vehicle. Thought it would be an appropriate birthday present. He is also president of his own very successful company, hence the presidential emblem on the tonneau cover.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Maisto's 1/24 scale 2020 Corvette Stingrays]

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:43 pm

2020 Corvette Stingray by Maisto in 1/24 scale just out of the shop. The interior was fully carpeted. The frunk lid and the rear engine "hood" were freed from their rivets and were detailed accordingly.  The frunk compartment was scratch-built and carpeted. Ironically, the last two components to be installed, the rear taillights, were extremely difficult to seat properly and took an inordinate amount of time and physical pressure (psi) to get them in properly.

The last two photos show the frunk and engine "hood" riveted on another 1/24 scale Maisto 2020 Corvette Stingray.
First photo shows rivet in center of crossmember on panel. Second photo shows two rivets, one on each side of the crossmember by the two red taillight stubs.

This yellow/green model is a pre-assembled Maisto Special Edition version while the white version above is a Maisto Assembly Line kit model.  You would think this Assembly Line version in white would not have the frunk and engine "hood" riveted shut like the Special Edition model since it is usually more costly and it is unassembled.  Both have their panels riveted shut. 

CarcrazyinArkansas

1950 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Trucks- low, medium, stock and tall

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:59 pm

Four 1/25 scale Maisto 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup trucks. The two red ones, one stock and the other with white walls, are older versions with movable front wheels; whereas the current newer orange version has straight metal axles and was lowered as much as humanly possible (all wheels roll with nothing scraping the ground). The yellow lifted version is older, too, with straight metal axles also. Lowering the orange version took a great amount of effort and force to achieve and I would not want to repeat the process. It was a royal pia to do and a strong grown adult would have the same experience as the wheels are pressed on AND super glued to the metal axles. Severing the axles in two wasn't a viable option as one would still have to remove the axles from the wheels and come up with replacement axles to boot. Plus the chassis would be in danger of damage as well when cutting the axles in twos. The procedure might warrant a tutorial in the future for those thinking about doing this.
Thanks for looking and reading the rant. LOL

[KRAFTIG]

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:10 am

I love the RED Chey!

CarcrazyinArkansas

1965 Chevrolet Malibu SS

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:45 pm

An older 1/24 scale Maisto 1965 Chevrolet Malibu SS that was taken from storage to see what upgrades it might need. Realized that the only thing it needed was a painted engine on the chassis underside. Carpet was added previously to the trunk and other minor detailing had been done. Really like the interior with the dash mounted tach, the floor mats, the heavy duty gear shifter and the beefy rear slicks!

CarcrazyinArkansas

1966 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 pm

This 1/24 scale diecast 1966 Dodge Charger by Classic Metal Works (2001) was bought in kit form about two decades ago. I recently got it out of storage to see what modifications I might do to it, if need be.

During my inspection what really struck me as curious are two things:

1) did Classic Metal Works produce this mold themselves or was the mold from another company, such as Ertl Authentics?

2) but the most perplexing and amusing as well is what was embossed on the chassis: "DaimlerChtyslel Corp". Was the misspelling of Chrysler on purpose for licensing avoidance or just Chinese ignorance of spelling or a mis-translation of verbal communication from the producer? Whatever the case it is weird.

The model is quite substantial and detailed. However, I do remember, when building it, that to get the front wheels to move the steering wheel, that proved to be impractical by way of design, so the front wheels are non-poseable. I left everything as is on the car to date. It is a cool rendition of an early Hemi Charger.

Return to “Member Collections”