CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
CarcrazyinArkansas

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Here's a new 1:32 scale diecast New Ray Peterbilt 379 Wrecker, straight out of the box, that I added a few cosmetic details to. New Ray did a decent job on this one and it comes across fairly impressively for its price point. Both doors open and the towing arm extends and articulates. No engine. Wheels on straight metal axles. I didn't realize that I had this one as it was hidden deeply behind some other boxes in the collection and was worked on months ago.

Thanks for looking...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Different I like it.

Jeez you collect everything under the sun. Is there something you just say no to? :)

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:41 pm

The following little big rigs were bought from my neighbor who had come across this collection from a friend who was moving. They were dusty and dirty with a few missing parts, but mostly intact and in good condition. The first pictured set consists of six Matchbox Ultra 1:87 or so scale Beer Transporter Semi Trucks: Red Dog, Miller Genuine Draft, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Corona Extra, Moosehead and Honey Brown Lager. My neighbor the seller kept the Pabst Blue Ribbon unit for himself as he's a big fan of that beer, so it isn't shown and I couldn't get him to sell it to me. All the cabs and trailers are solid diecast!

Red Dog: Ford Aeromax

Miller Genuine Draft: Peterbilt

Corona Extra: Kenworth Aerodyne

Moosehead: Kenworth

JW Dundee's Honey Brown Lager: Mack

The remainder of the purchase consisted of the following tractors and trailers, both solid diecast, too. Thanks for looking... :

FedEx: PEM 1:64 scale Volvo 610 with double pups

American Freightways double pups: PEM 1:64 scale-no tractor

Hiner Transport: Winross 1:64 scale-no tractor

J.J. Keller& Associates, Inc.: Liberty Classics 1:64 scale Freightliner

Tyson Foods: Liberty Classics 1:64 scale Ford Aeromax
As a native Arkansan, I'm quite fond of this rig. Tyson Foods is the world's largest producer of chicken and their headquarters are in Springdale, Arkansas. So I'm very familiar with and have seen countless Tyson trucks on the road. (These last two trucks are my favorites of the bunch.)

Trucks n' Stuff Diecast Promotions 1:64 scale Peterbilt 379 with Utility 3000R Refrigerated Van-missing passenger side front fender and mirror

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:05 pm

This 1/32 scale 1930 Ford Model 'A' Pickup Truck is from an older Lindberg plastic model kit that I just finished. The kit was molded in white and clear only; no chrome pieces. In addition, there was no rear bumper and just a lower engine bay molded to the chassis. Straight plastic axles were fixed to green-painted wire wheels and flat black painted tires. I chose to leave all the white pieces as they were to avoid as much painting as possible, to save time, and to highlight and contrast the detailing done. The wheels roll and the spare tire and truck bed were left unglued so as to be removable.

This 1/38 scale diecast Kinsmart 1953 Chevrolet 3100 Wrecker was bought at a thrift store for two bucks. It is missing the driver's side mirror, the two wrecker arms and other parts of the wrecker apparatus. I chose to eliminate what was in the truck bed and added a tow rope with hook. Molded onto the truck bed is a pair of jumper cables. I also provided a new gear shifter, detailed the interior, colored-in some rear lights, silvered the door handles and devised a cherry top from a discarded flashlight LED protector. Both doors open and wheels move on straight metal axles. I see it now as more of a "service" vehicle than a wrecker.

Both projects were quite fun. The 1930 Model 'A' required the most time and effort. I'll install a complete wrecker apparatus on the '53 Chevy once replacements parts or a copy becomes available, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:42 am

This 1:18 scale Motor Max Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor was bought undecorated. A good diecast friend offered to make the decals and did a great job duplicating the decos of an older LRPD car. MotorMax did a good job, too, providing all four opening doors, actual cut-outs in the grille and hub caps, a spare tire in the trunk, light bar, spot lights and police equipment in the interior.

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 am

Here is a stock 1965 Chevrolet Malibu SS (Maisto 1/24) that came tubbed with five-spoke wheels and slicks on the rear. I bought two of these models a few years back and decided to use the wheels on a better candidate, a 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air. So I opted to put different wheels on the donor model to make it at least functional and to see how it would change its appearance.

I replaced the donor model's wheels with the wheels from a 1953 Cadillac Series 62 convertible (Jada 1/24). To do the conversion, both the front and rear suspensions were modified and straight axles were used, so the front wheels don't steer. It is lowered as much as possible.

In the back, I opened the trunk and fabricated a carpeted section. The toughest part for this whole operation of having the trunk open included separating the chrome portion between the tailights from the one-piece rear bumper, so that that part could be attached to the trunk lid and move independently from the bumper.
In addition, I added chrome trim (via a Sharpie silver pen) around the front and rear wheel wells and the rocker panels. Minor detail was added to the "pan" engine.

The two models shown together.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:34 am

A diecast 1/24 Redbox 1955 Chevy truck pulling a trailer with a '32 Ford roadster almost ready for the drag strip. Trailer and deuce Ford are very old plastic models made in 1960s! Hopefully its old age won't matter to the hemi-powered little Ford when it hits the strip.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:38 am

This 1/25 scale Maisto model was bought five or six years ago at Tuesday Morning for a few dollars. It came with tiny lowrider wheels and had a solid white interior and a solid silver-colored tray engine. I always despised those minute lowrider wire wheels and the inconsistent stance of the model. With a new set of shoes from a R/C model wheel up-grade kit, a little tinkering with the lowering process, and some touches with different colored marking pens, the Z28 makes a much better appearance now. Sort of looks like a 'vette.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:39 am

Bburago fell on financial hard times and was subsequently acquired by Maisto a few years ago. Before their unfortunate decline, Bburago’s products were primarily made in Italy. This 1/24 scale Lamborghini Countach was Italian made and came as an unassembled diecast kit. I took the liberty to detail it some, but in doing so, it must be understood that I’m no Lamborghini expert nor have I ever seen an actual Countach in person, so my detailing might not be accurate or authentic. For being a budget model that was priced accordingly, though, this is a fairly decent model in my opinion.

Thanks for looking….

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Both of these 2013 Camaros models have their strenghts and weaknesses. I obtained both, in separate instances, for bargains- the Greenlight image on-line and the kit at a thrift store. The kit wasn't in a box but all parts were in unopened bags. The diecast had a bad display box. Completed, the Revell image has a more detailed engine whereas the Greenlight convertible has a more life-like exposed interior. The larger convertible's heft and weigh feels better in hand than the lighter plastic model, but both have good body details. It all comes down to individual personal preferences, doesn't it.

1/25 scale Revell plastic model kit built 2013 Chevrolet Camaro® ZL1™

1/24 scale GreenLight diecast 2013 Chevrolet Camaro® SS "Hertz" Convertible

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Received this older 2004 release of a Harley Davidson Fat Boy from a friend on my birthday a few days ago. It is by New Bright and is almost all plastic except for the steel kickstand and handle bars. It measures 28 inches long and about 14 inches high. All lights, including turn signals, work as well as the engine sounds for driving, revving up and a horn, too. The controller uses 6 AA batteries and the cycle houses a 9.6 volt battery that powers the cycle. As far as this last feature goes, I haven't replaced the battery yet and might not, as the static model looks so fine as is. Quite accurate rendering with the H-D logos on the fuel tank and even H-D on the rubber foot pedals and tires! The brake levers operate, the rear foot pegs swivel and the speedometer looks the part. Plus, I checked, and the belt drive is modeled and functions as on the real 1:1. (The wire on the engine in the last photo is temporarily hooked to the controller for demonstrating the sounds and lights. The red wire immediately behind the rear seat on the fender is an antenna for operating the cycle on the street. The on-off switch on the fuel tank is for on/off and adjusting the sound volume of the sound settings, like revving, engine in motion and horn).

Thanks for looking.....

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:12 pm

At first sight I thought it was real!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:02 am

haha yeah me too

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Two 1:18 scale Mini Coopers by Maisto. Both were dirt cheap.

"Red" was in the box, brand new, as a kit. "Red" was only $1.95 as a closeout from Toys Are Us over ten years ago.

"Green" was pre-built, loose, used, and sold at a thrift shop for $3.99 a few days ago.

"Red" was built straight stock out of the box. The only option from the kit itself was either chrome wheels or silver/gray wheels. I did a little blackwashing and detailing to the various parts both internally and externally.

Notice the license plates are different on the models even though they are both production Maistos.

"Green" had a tail light missing. So, for uniformity, I added rear tail lenses from a Chrysler PT Cruiser, giving the tail light treatment a rather distinctive 'Frenched' look about it. Also, the radio antenna was missing, so one was made using a flat-black-painted straight pin and a section of rubber tubing. Wheels were colored gold with red calipers and silver discs- all were blackwashed. Two interior gauges were domed with white glue to make them appear glass-covered. Aluminum tubing used to make an over-sized exhaust extension.

Thanks for looking...

"A"

"B"

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:26 pm

These two 1/32 scale diecast models of a 1931 Ford Model 'A' pickup truck are by New Ray. New Ray is a budget brand, so its subject matter is usually pretty straightforward. With this offering, they added more than the usual detailing and upped their quality somewhat. Both doors open and the hood opens on both sides revealing a four banger engine; two tone paint job and colorful graphics. I kept one model completely stock except for detailing the truck bed and a few other things. With the other truck, it was missing one wheel and tire which I could not replace from my parts bin, so I put on a complete set of 1/24 scale lowrider wheels from a Maisto kit. Its bed was detailed, too, as well as a metal exhaust extension and a decal to the license plate frame were added.

Thanks for looking.....

Return to “Member Collections”