CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
CarcrazyinArkansas

1978 Ford Bronco

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:25 pm

A 1:24 scale MotorMax 1978 Ford Bronco that was bought fairly recently. This model comes either with or without a rear top. It made sense financially to get one with the top as it would appear that the top could be easily removed with a little work. The top is held in place with four small tabs. Pushing those tabs inward allows the top to be easily removed. Strangely, the price of the topless ones is the same as the ones with a top; go figure that. I have seen that MotorMax has added a spare tire on the rear gate of the topless versions, maybe to justify their pricing of the ones with tops. LOL. Also, for those scrutinizing the photos carefully, they should notice the license plate on the rear bumper is upside down. In my reassembling after detailing the chassis, I put the bumper on incorrectly. It's fixed now.

The model only features opening doors. The interior is really sparse; yet the model has real photographic presence with a nice grille, sharp wheels, and proper placement of badging. I detailed underneath to give the model some additional punch and character.

Thanks for looking...

Last edited by CarcrazyinArkansas on Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: New CarCrazyinArkansas Posts

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:38 pm

Why the new thread?

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Kraftig, I am confused by the blinking black lines and red star within a black circle icon in front of
"CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]". All others are completely red. Did I do something wrong and violate some rule? I haven't had anyone reply to my posts in a long while. I thought this might be the reason OR the fact that most of the images posted were lost forever when a web hosting sight went under and took them.
I've noticed on the new post here the same blinking icon. Is this just on my computer or what? I'm confused.
Thanks for your help as I want to be able to continue posting.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:48 pm

I don't see anything other than some photos did not load, this is likely attributed to the comment of hosting co. going under. I'm moving the above to the original thread. Cheers!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:28 pm

Thanks. Good news. No more blinking red star. I'm glad you moved this over to here. Everything seems to be back to "normal" again.

NOPE! I spoke too soon. After editing the two new posts, I've noticed the blinking red star again!!!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:39 pm

You are welcome!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Two 1970 Corvette T-Tops: identical but different

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:16 pm

Bought the blue 1/24 scale Maisto 1970 Corvette T-Top and detailed it by adding carpeting, painting lower chassis, blackwashing the grille, silvering the exhaust tips, finishing touches to the interior and door panels. Found another red Maisto 1970 Corvette and thought it would be identical to the blue one. Learned the blue one was produced a few years earlier. This accounted for the Maisto cost cuts and lack of details to the red one; that is, no paint in the engine bay, lack of stickers on the dash and air cleaner, and no chrome wheels. So the red version received carpeting and the same detailing as the blue version, except that I had a blank canvas in the engine bay and no stickers for the dash or air cleaner. I added a small amount of chrome on the red one's wheels. The red Corvette has a meaner performance look and the blue has a more tasteful appearance.
Thanks for looking...

Last edited by CarcrazyinArkansas on Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:13 pm

Lovely. C3 Vette for the win!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Glue Bombs from the 1960s- all original

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:19 pm

These are all original 1960s-issued kit models that I had inherited from friends back in the early 1960s as glue bombs. Finally got around to getting them up and running. First up is an Aurora 1/32 scale 1962 Corvette. It needed wheels, tires, axles, windshield, steering wheels, gear shift lever none of which are from the kit. The interior was glued solidly to the body so it couldn't be detached for detailing thoroughly. Wheels and rubber tires are from a discarded transformer-type car from the scrap yard.

The 1/24 scale AMT 1932 Ford coupe has the originally-applied flames, but I painted the upper firewall red for continuity. Seat was painted gray and gray carpeting installed. The engine was glued in solidly as well as one header, making for painting a real chore. The 60+ years tires were soaked in glycerine to try and soften them up to mount on the rims and the spoke wheels-they were so brittle some spokes did break. Radiator hose is elastic cord.

The AMT 1960 F-100 pickup was missing its entire engine and its fender shirts were glue in solidly along with the tonneau cover.

The original AMT 1960 Ford F-100 pickup kit contained a trailer which was painted Sage to match the Ford pickup truck. The originally-applied decals, "The Smasher", on the sides were saved. Custom taillights and license plate ala Maisto.

The 1961 Ford Ranchero had plenty of glue showered all over it. With a lot of sanding and prep work, it cleaned up quite well. By reusing its roof top custom part from the original kit to hide tremendous glue pits on its roof top, adding lakes pipes, spotlights, and a homemade reversible tonneau cover, this gave it a real vintage custom look. The wheels and tires are from a 1/24 scale Maisto lowrider model. Paint color is Cinnamon.

The AMT 1965 Pontiac GTO had its engine glued in solidly, but was already somewhat painted correctly. Windshield was glued in solidly too and could not be removed. A piece of the windshiled frame was glued solidly to the top as well. All these pieces couldn't be removed without extensive damage. The whole interior was painted in an epoxy black paint and took a few months to remove in a harsh paint remover solution. I opted to not attach the hardtop so as to run the model as a convertible sometimes.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Revised 1962 Corvette glue bomb redo

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:50 pm

An Aurora 1/32 scale 1962 Corvette that was a glue bomb from the 1960s. It needed wheels, tires, axles, windshield, steering wheels, gear shift lever none of which are from the original kit. The interior was glued solidly to the body so it couldn't be detached for detailing thoroughly. Wheels and rubber tires are from a discarded transformer-type car from the scrap yard. A cut-down windshield was made from clear acetate plastic. Due to reconstruction constraints and body parts that were already painted , the rebuild looked like this.

After some further contemplation and suggestions from others, the model was altered to look like this now:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:16 am

Neat!!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Another glue bomb: SMP 1961 Corvette convertible- saved

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:14 pm

This vintage SMP model of a 1961 Corvette convertible was in my "junk" model collection of very, very old parts from the late 50s and early 60s kits. Some of this material was from friends who gave them up to me as glue bombs. This Corvette was a disassembled glue bomb from that era. Its badly painted body was intact, the interior was partially finished but the chassis had been cut into two pieces and a 1/2 inch section removed and gone forever. The engine is not from the kit, the wheels were ruined from a heavy application of glue which had totally distorted them. Other lost parts or no parts had to be substituted or scratch built. Carpeting was added to the interior and trunk. Body was stripped of black paint and repainted a matte white.

Considering where it came from, it is fortunate that all the wheels roll and that it is now finally complete after a month's work.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:24 am

Neat, though the tires are too small.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Happy Birthday, LARRY !!!!!

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:35 pm

Happy Birthday, Larry !!!!!

A 1948 Ford F1 pickup by Maisto in 1:25 scale that I did up for you on your special day. I realize that it might not look exactly like the one you have fond memories of driving back in the day. Unforunately, no opening hood

Here's what all was done to it in the last two days.

Chassis-

* painted engine, exhaust pipes, and shock absorbers

Interior-

* detailed dash, steering wheel, rear view mirror, foot pedals, gear shift knob, both door panels

* carpet added to cabin floor

Exterior-

* detailed windshield wiper, rear Ford logo, rear license plate frame and taillight

* blackwashed two front hood ornaments, hubcaps, deck of trunk bed

* chromed door handles, gas cap, side fender boards trim, trim on bed decking, whole front bumper

* added metal exhaust extension

* custom tonneau cover featuring "HW" and presidential emblem

* filled panel lines around hood

* fashioned white wall tires

Hope you like this rendition of a vintage Ford pickup done up with some extras.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:41 pm

Nice! Who is Larry?

Return to “Member Collections”