CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
OLECO MOTORS

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection

Post by OLECO MOTORS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:11 am

I like the models. Very nice.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:58 pm

It is really quite striking that automotive styling just twenty years apart turned out like this. Both of these models are nicely detailed. The Cord has opening concealed headlights, carpeting and functional suicide doors.

Signature's 1:18 scale 1936 Cord 810

OPEN: Image

SHUT: Image

Sun Star's 1:18 scale 1956 Lincoln Premiere

The Lincoln has exceptional quality, heft and abundant features. On it, notice the remarkable attention given to the wipers, sun visors, folding front seats, labeling, mesh grilles, radio antenna, carpeting, fabric convertible top, hub caps and hood hinges. An outstanding model of a 50s land yacht!

bhoneydew

Post by bhoneydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:25 pm

The Lincoln is really cool. Great detail on the model too.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Could not resist picking up this 1:24 scale Maisto "Design" Assembly Line diecast kit on the cheap ($3) because of it being in a very mangled display package. Some slight additional detailing was done to the already-decorated 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS base model. Maisto did a good job lowering the stance, equipping the interior with racing harnesses and a red fire extinguisher on the passenger side floor and a fuel cell in the trunk. And their metalflake orange and black paint scheme is spot on as well.

Thanks for looking...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:23 am

Not feeling this one.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm

What about this one?

All the Chevrolets through the 50s and 60s pretty much appeal to me whatever the models might be-- coupes, sedans, wagons or trucks. This 1:18 scale 1962 Chevy Bel Air is from an early 2006 Maisto Pro Rodz diecast kit. It features GTP39 wheels by Billet Specialties, a lowered stance, plenty of racing gear and an okay detailed Corvette pan engine. I made no modifications to this model as all custom work as shown is straight out-of-the box "stock" Maisto.

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm

1967 Shelby GT-500 and 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 - too fast Fords

Both of these models are in 1:24 scale from older Jada BigTime Muscle diecast model kits that were found on closeout at a retail store. The pre-applied racing graphics add realism much to each. Both models have sharp interior details, good wheels and tires, and opening doors and trunk lids. The Boss Mustang has a detachable hood and the GT-500's hood is hinged.

Thanks for looking...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:02 pm

The trio is better than the last!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:22 pm

At a recent yard sale I found this 1:18 scale Maisto PT Cruiser at the bottom of a box of assorted toys. It was rough and for the price of six bucks, I surely passed on it not being a fan of the Cruiser anyway. A little more searching and in the "tool department" of the sale was a pristine 1995 Maisto Lamborghini Jota on its plastic base (no box) for five bills, missing only its spare. Late the next day I revisited the sale and got the PT Cruiser for three.

The PT lacked the rear glass from the bent and crooked tailgate, two back wheels and tires, the back of the front passenger seat, the passenger side mirror glass, the rear bumper and one rear taillight lense. I opted not to use that one lense and put in custom red pieces of sprue as replacement lights. Chrome sprue was also used for the rear end bumper treatment. A mold was made from the passenger's side seatback, and a plaster casting made. The good seatback was put on the driver's seat from the passenger's side and the plaster one on the passenger's side. Two older Bburago Ferrari wheels are the source for the back wheels now. Front grille was blackwashed. Carpet was added throughout. At the end of the day, though, it's still only a PT Cruiser.

Thanks for looking

BEFORE........

AFTER............

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:35 pm

CarcrazyinArkansas, where scale models come after death ;)

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:15 pm

Two limited edition 90s Lamborghini models acquired lately and on the cheap--the 1:18 scale Maisto red 1995 Diablo SE Jota from a yard sale for five bucks, missing its front spare and the display box but not the plastic base; and a 1:18 scale MotorMax yellow 1999 Diablo GT from the internet for six bucks, mint in the box. Maisto's lavender colored Jota was bought years ago, so when this red version became available it was a no-brainer to pick it up also. The MotorMax GT version had been on my want list for a long time, but the right opportunity never seemed to be there until recently. Notice the GT's headlights and the black strip above them. These strips hide the Nissan logo as it appears on the GT's headlights from the Nissan 300Z!

Thanks for looking...

** Interesting facts about the JOTA : http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/diablo_ ... ition.html

** Interesting facts about the GT : http://www.lambocars.com/diablo/diablo_gt.html

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 pm

This 1/24 scale Jada Import Racer Option D Drift Show Street Mitsubishi Lancer Evotion VIII model was tucked away in a storage area away from my main collection. I bought it a number of years ago because I liked the look of this tricked-out car in general and the graphics in particular, even though at the time I was unaware of what they referred to. I easily surmized that the colorful cherry blossom theme had something to do with Japan, but not necessarily the all-Japanese performance parts company Tanabe. The model is quite photogenic and is well detailed. Jada did a good job with this one.

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:15 pm

This is a Chrysler PT Panel Cruiser from a Testors 1/24 scale diecast kit that was assembled a while back when the PTs were "popular". Not much detailing was done to it at that time, so an up-grade was in order. Real metal exhaust extensions were added, interior floor painted, gold color added to the wheel knock-offs and some silvering done to the underside of the chassis. The model was also polished a bit to remove a little built-up crud from storage. The Motor Max model has no engine and no opening rear hatch. Only the two doors open. If I remember correctly, no stock wheels were included in the kit, just the lowrider wire wheels. But the flame paint job and graphics were stock features of this kit.

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Picked up this 1:24 scale MotorMax 1969 Ford F-100 pickup truck a while back at a big retail store because the two-tone colors really caught my attention. Being an older truck appealed to me as well. However, MotorMax failed to come through with features that would have made this truck a notch above the less-than-ordinary. The faults include poorly colored turn signal lights, lackluster engine bay, non-functional tailgate, non-steering front wheels and non-existant red-colored taillights. I sought to improve the looks by re-coloring the turn signal lenses amber, blackwashing the grille, silvering various parts in the all-black engine bay, adding red color to the rear taillights, putting black to the wheel cover slots, lowering the front end as much as possible and attaching a metal exhaust extention to the tailpipe.

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:50 pm

The Maserati GranTurismo is a two-door, four-seat coupé produced by the Italian car manufacturer Maserati. It shares the platform of the Maserati Quattroporte V and parts of the Ferrari 599 GTB and Ferrari 612 Scaglietti.

Manufacturer: Maserati (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)
Production: 2007–present
Assembly: Modena, Italy

After a series of blotched retail transactions, I recently received this 1:18 scale Motormax Maserati GranTurismo coupe in white. The retailer first sent me a black one, then sent a replacement, which turned out to be a white 1956 Ford Thunderbird! Finally this one was sent. The white version, identical to the black one, seems to show better detailing and a more definite presence. I opted to carpet the interior and left the trunk area as well as the engine bay as is, primarily because they both are securely riveted to the diecast body and are not easily removed without potentially causing some structural damage. I added a couple of colored marks on the engine and its covering. A few colored marks were also made to the steering wheel and the dash and the insides of the exhaust tips were blackened ; otherwise the model is completely stock.

Thanks for looking...

Return to “Member Collections”