CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection [GO TO PAGE 16 for PICTURES]

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
CarcrazyinArkansas

Re: CarCrazyinArkansas' Eclectic Diecast Collection

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:57 pm

This 1:18 scale Motor City Classics 1915 Ford Model T was bought at a local resale shop with a number of loose parts rattling around inside its display box. The complete top, windshield, both side brass lanterns, interior storage box and a small piece of the windshield frame were all re-attached, except for the top. I wanted to photograph the car topless before putting the top back on, hoping that the top can be made removable easily enough. If not, so be it.

This model is fairly heavy with an all-diecast body as well as most of the chassis and suspension being diecast metal. Researching the model, Motor City Classics did do a version with a spare tire mounted on the driver's side running board. My copy has a pinhole in the running board, but apparently this version didn't have the spare tire.

Opening parts include both sides of the hood, one front door and two back doors. Both sides of the firewall are textured to look like wood. I applied a wash to bring out the woodgrain. The top is plastic and is moulded to resemble and feel like fabric. Inside, Ford is embossed on the front and back floors.

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue May 05, 2015 5:35 pm

This is a 1:18 scale 1998 Maserati 3200 GT that I recently happened onto at a local resale shop. It is an older and original Bburago model that was made in Italy. You don't see all that many Maserati models in 1:18 scale that are reasonably priced, much less in a thrift shop. After giving it a good cleaning and disassembling, the black window trim was added, some color put into the engine and engine bay, the chassis underneath painted all black, and the wheel spokes blackened. It looks more aggressive now.

[The Maserati 3200 GT was produced between 1998 and 2001 and was designed by Italdesign, who by that time was not new to Maseratis, as the co-founder of Italdesign, Giorgetto Giugiaro, had designed the Maserati Ghibli, Bora and Merak. The 3200 GT featured a 3.2 liter V8 biturbo similar to the engine in the Quattroporte IV and the Shamal. It had an output of 365hp.

Fabrizio Giugiaro of Italdesign is credited for designing the Maserati 3200 GT. Fabrizio's father Giorgetto, the 64-year-old co-founder of Italdesign-Giugiaro, designed many famous sports cars for Maserati, Iso Rivolta, De Tomaso, BMW and Lotus. Giorgetto also styled some magnificent Ferrari and Aston Martin one-off models. But Fabrizio Giugiaro designed the Lamborghini Gallardo, the Fiat Idea, and they were not the first production cars to be publicly attributed to Fabrizio. His credits also include the Maserati 3200 GT of course, the Daewoo Matiz, the SsangYong Rexton, the 1998 Daihatsu Move and the restyling of the Fiat Palio world car range.

The Maserati 3200 GT was featured in "Underworld 2003", a fantasy movie revolving around the life of vampires and werewolves.]

Thanks for looking...

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Thu May 14, 2015 4:26 pm

When it came time to choose between buying one modern supercar model or two vintage fat-fendered pickup truck models, my fondness for the older workhorses prevailed. This 1:18 scale Motormax 1940 Ford pickup surely is camera-ready and displays nicely with its bright red finish and whitewall tires. Motormax did well with their interpretation of the classic '40 Ford, getting the proportions, lines and details to appear quite authentic, especially the fine grille. For this, I am pleased. What did not set too well with me is all the plastic parts that were used, including all the fenders and running boards, the truck's entire bed, the whole chassis, all of the interior and the complete engine compartment and engine. Basically, the only diecast parts are the cab and hood. Nevertheless, the stock image and its details are credibly done and do make an overall pleasing presentation. I intended to disassemble the model to add more detail, but postponed it. It has some thirteen screws attaching parts together! So, the only additional things I did to brighten it up some otherwise were to blacken the slots in the wheels, silver some areas in the engine compartment, 'Ford' painted black on tailgate, highlight the grille with black lines, clearcoat the rear tail lights to make them look like lenses and add an aluminum tailpipe extension.

Thanks for looking...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 14, 2015 8:27 pm

She's a beauty, well done sir!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue May 19, 2015 5:49 pm

This is a 1:32 scale Peterbilt Model 379 tractor and lowboy trailer by New Ray that came with an oversize and seemingly out-of-scale Challenger Excavator backhoe. I replaced the Excavator with a large industrial 'culvert' to bring the cargo more in scale. The entire rig of tractor and lowboy trailer is roughly two feet long.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Yep that's long

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 pm

How long is that thing? WOW!!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:How long is that thing? WOW!!
Ha, never mind :)

stickshift

Post by stickshift » Wed May 20, 2015 5:18 am

Nice..rarely see these kind of models anywhere.

JRP

Post by JRP » Wed May 20, 2015 9:37 am

Have to agree with ^^.
Nice 'out of the box' models!

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Tue May 26, 2015 5:25 pm

This was a real fun project that took a few days to complete. The 1:38 scale model by Superior/Sunnyside was found at a thrift shop with both bumpers mising as well as two of its five wheel coverings. Also the driver's side door handle was gone. I really liked the roof rack and upon researching the model some discovered it originally had a surfboard. Decorative thumb tacks were used to make up for the missing wheel covers except for the stock rear spare.
Since the ride height was excessively high, I lowered the car as much as possible. The surfboard was made from a tongue depressor wood strip covered with gloss paper cut from a colorful magazine advertisement. Toothpick wood used for the door handle. Tail lights from the plastic model parts bin, but I will probably replace these as they appear too large for this car. For just a buck, this model was an unbelievable bargain.

Thanks for looking...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Ha ha well done! Love the boards!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue May 26, 2015 8:27 pm

The surfboard is hilarious

CarcrazyinArkansas

Post by CarcrazyinArkansas » Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 am

This is a 1:38 scale diecast Porsche 911 Speedster by MC Toy (Maisto). I found it at a thrift shop for only fifty cents. It has opening doors and folding front seats, license plates front and rear, Porsche badge on front, Carrera badge on rear and black rubber tires.
The pull-back-action model was missing its steering wheel and has quite a number of pits and scratches due to some rough play. I fashioned a new steering wheel, blackened the panel lines, added some details here and there and detailed the wheels. The wheels appear under-scaled, so maybe the Speedster could just be considered a lowrider. LOL

Thanks for looking..

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed May 27, 2015 9:41 am

Looks like it's met the wall a few times

Return to “Member Collections”