[HSM] MB SL65 AMG Black Series

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: [AOS HSM] Revival!

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 pm

StratosWRC wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:Lovely. Toyota's latest edition of this car is an epic fail.
Actually evo drove the pre-production prototype and said it was very good. If it ever comes out with a proper manual, I'm getting it. The interior is blah but I love the exterior and the engine choice is excellent.
It's bloody re-dressed BMW. If they would have leaned towards the concept design they could have asked for blank cheques. Leave it to Toyota to define mediocre yet again! :nt:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:10 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
StratosWRC wrote:
Actually evo drove the pre-production prototype and said it was very good. If it ever comes out with a proper manual, I'm getting it. The interior is blah but I love the exterior and the engine choice is excellent.
It's bloody re-dressed BMW. If they would have leaned towards the concept design they could have asked for blank cheques. Leave it to Toyota to define mediocre yet again! :nt:
In this financial climate it's hard to justify a brand new sports car to the bean counters. Pretty much every manufacturer nowadays shares platforms. Look at the whole VW group lol. Akio Toyoda would not put out a car that drives badly. Have faith. Virtually no concepts survive the transformation into production form. There are always massive changes. Plus it's just a car, I don't know why people care so much. The last gen Supra wasn't exactly loved. They sold like less than 3000 units in the states and looked like beached whales in stock form lol

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:32 am

StratosWRC wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote:
StratosWRC wrote:
In this financial climate it's hard to justify a brand new sports car to the bean counters. Pretty much every manufacturer nowadays shares platforms. Look at the whole VW group lol. Akio Toyoda would not put out a car that drives badly. Have faith. Virtually no concepts survive the transformation into production form. There are always massive changes. Plus it's just a car, I don't know why people care so much. The last gen Supra wasn't exactly loved. They sold like less than 3000 units in the states and looked like beached whales in stock form lol
People care because some are passionate, this is the Supra, it is legend. Look at me defending and praising Japanese car culture LOL :rotfl:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:33 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote: People care because some are passionate, this is the Supra, it is legend. Look at me defending and praising Japanese car culture LOL :rotfl:
LOL

It's only a "legend" cause of the fast and furious movie and cause of the hilariously overbuilt engine for the power level. Other than that it's a bloated looking mildly quick GT that is too softly sprung

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:06 pm

StratosWRC wrote:
[KRAFTIG] wrote: People care because some are passionate, this is the Supra, it is legend. Look at me defending and praising Japanese car culture LOL :rotfl:
LOL

It's only a "legend" cause of the fast and furious movie and cause of the hilariously overbuilt engine for the power level. Other than that it's a bloated looking mildly quick GT that is too softly sprung
I disagree, the legend was created well before FATF :popcorn:

AOS

IG Matsuda R33

Post by AOS » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:30 pm

IG1371 - Tsugio Matsuda's R33. 140 made worldwide.
57TH SHIZUOKA HOBBY SHOW LIMITED EDITION

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Looks great! Nice photos sir.

AOS

Re: [AOS HSM] Max Orido Supra

Post by AOS » Mon May 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Forgot to post this.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon May 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Ignition model?

AOS

Post by AOS » Mon May 18, 2020 5:16 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:02 pm
Ignition model?
The one and onry.

Comes with a figurine of Max himself and an acrylic case. This is soon to be sold to someone though. It's a fantastic model, one of the most striking in my collection, but I'm giving this guy up to pursue the making of an NA1 NSX and Rallycross RS200. :rockon:

StratosWRC

Re: [AOS HSM] MAX ORIDO Supra

Post by StratosWRC » Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am

Nice pics

HAROMASTER

Post by HAROMASTER » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:20 pm

Beautiful pics you do this model Justice.

AOS

Post by AOS » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Composite means no zinc pest to me! But ABS also means going brittle if kept to continually air out.

So I got off my lazy ass and finally took photos of this thing I paid way too much for to win in an auction. Although it was overpaid, I got to meet the owner in the next town so I got away with not paying for shipping! (score!!!)

Minichamps MB SL65 AMG Black Series. With solid grills!

Had some light painting stick that people use outdoors, but I found it was way too bright for the way I work. Tried my best to keep the lighting relatively dramatic. Some of you guys know how I love taking pictures in a dark basement.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Nice photos! I don't want to rain on your parade, this model is seriously prone to paint rash; I have the originally in Black. It's a decent piece with the exception of the solid grilles.

AOS

[HSM] MB SL65 Hooplajapawapabapa

Post by AOS » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:12 pm
Nice photos! I don't want to rain on your parade, this model is seriously prone to paint rash; I have the originally in Black. It's a decent piece with the exception of the solid grilles.
I imagine these were all made at the same time, so if you've experienced it already, then I've yet to notice any show up on mine.

Do you know if that's a one-off with the SL65, or a thing with Minichamps?

Return to “Member Collections”