Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Koenigsegg CCX)

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Maserati 300S)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon May 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Sometimes these classics are hard to resist. I've been templated too, and on occasion tip toe outside my themes :D

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Maserati 300S)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:19 am

Speaking about hard to resist ;) The Jaguar XJ13 is one of AA's best ever models and it is also pretty rare. And people who are (trying) to sell know that, so it is, like a lot of AA's, ridiculously priced most of the time. I got lucky and found it for a far more normal price and also new in its box, so I just had to buy is.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Jaguar XJ13)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 08, 2021 4:26 am

Nice add! It's a great addition, a very unique piece and one that truly shows the level of detail of where this hobby's standards on execution once lived.

celituning

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Dodge Challenger Demon)

Post by celituning » Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Marcel171281 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:39 am
Nearly 2 months since the last new addition arrived, mainly done pre-orders in the meantime. But since the shops are open again here after the lockdown, I went to look at a model I looked at so many times before, but never pulled the trigger on. This time I did and I wonder why I didn't do that earlier. The model is the CMC Maserati 300S. I also decided to focus a bit more on older cars and less on the new supercar stuff, which is becoming an endless train of more of the same in different variaties. Not that I stop with modern cars, but I'm going to pick them more wisely instead of adding every new variety of the same sort of car. I rather add something unique, like the Maserati.

Enough talk, (a lot of) pictures:

Amazing model.

I just bought my first CMC and I was between this 300s and the Bugatti Type 35. Finally I bought the Bugatti but the maseratti is a must.

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Jaguar XJ13)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:45 am

The UT Models Mercedes C36 AMG is not new in my collection and I also posted pictures here before. Last time I did that was because I resprayed the wheels in order to restore them as the paint and rubber tires started to react with each other. Well, it happened again. I have two other UT models with the same problem where the combination of paint and type of rubber makes the paint go soft and sticky. This time I wanted to respray the wheels again, but with another type of paint. Unfortunately it never came that far, because the plastic had gone so brittle, one of the wheels broke in a million pieces while taking it of the car. So, change of plan... Time for a complete overhaul of the model.

The changes are:
- instead of the 17 inch AMG monoblock wheels, it now has 19 inch AMG 2-piece wheels from Uli Nowak, with a polished lip and the center painted in matt silver metallic
- lowered the car slightly
- slighy wider stance
- Behind the wheels (hard to see on the pictures) in the front 20mm photo-etched brakes with new calipers and 18mm in the rear with new calipers
- changed the steering wheel into full black and deleted the white underside
- flocked the interior floor, door cards, parcel shelf and boot
- painted the seats in satin black (hard to see on pictures, but looks better than bare plastic)
- dechromed the car (apart from the grill) and made the stripes around the car darker silver
- Made the shutlines of the non-opening parts black

Model is ready now for another 25 years in the collection ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Modified Mercedes C36 AMG)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 15, 2021 7:19 am

Classic era, love the lines. Great job on the upgrades too!

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Modified Mercedes C36 AMG)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:56 am

And another classic just came in. I think a very rare model, but I was lucky enough to find one, completely new in sealed box. It's the AUTOart Audi Sport Quattro SWB in red. It was only sold through the Audi dealers and it doesn't even have a AA number. Very nice model of a iconic car.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Audi Sport Quattro SWB)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 29, 2021 8:20 am

Classic Audi. I have this one in White, bought many moons ago. I might make you cry, less than $75 CND.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Nice grab! I always wanted this dealer edition, as the only Sport Quattro I've seen in person was this red. I was offered one years ago for under $100, but passed, as I had just bought the green cheap (they were available under $50 shipped at one point :wow: ). Like the green, as its an unusual color, but still think it looks best in red & has the 2-tone interior.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 29, 2021 11:46 pm

[flash=][/flash]
Gavin wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm
Nice grab! I always wanted this dealer edition, as the only Sport Quattro I've seen in person was this red. I was offered one years ago for under $100, but passed, as I had just bought the green cheap (they were available under $50 shipped at one point :wow: ). Like the green, as its an unusual color, but still think it looks best in red & has the 2-tone interior.
They weren't popular in the moment... You couldn't give them away LOL :shame:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:34 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:20 am
Classic Audi. I have this one in White, bought many moons ago. I might make you cry, less than $75 CND.
Well, it is the way it is I guess. I was absent from the hobby for a long time, so if I want these older releases I can do two things. Wait till there is a re-release, which is never a certainty and will be 250 euro's or more anyway. Or go to the second hand market and pay more than it was released for. In both cases it will cost money. What I never do is pay the rediculas eBay prices, so patience is again key!
Last edited by Marcel171281 on Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 am

Gavin wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm
Thanks! Believe me, we all have our regrets with some models. I found a brand new AA Mercedes 190 EVO2 in box 2 years ago for original price on a shelf in a store. I decided not to buy it at that moment. :doh: If I want one now, and I do, it won't be even close to the original price. :shame:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon May 31, 2021 8:22 am

I have the green one, want to repaint it into something, just not sure what colour. Really love the body on this one

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:32 am

Newest addition came in last week. Really like this model.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Aston Martin Vantage)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:20 am

Lovely colour choice!

Return to “Member Collections”