Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Koenigsegg CCX)

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Alfa 4C)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:15 am

This is one of the earliest AUTOart composite and diecast models. I bought the Red early on, as I love the car, and I almost purchased the same in 1:1. It is a very good model. Also, priced fair too, a lot less than the average piece for their basic model today.

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Alfa 4C)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:17 am

I don't have many tuner cars in my collection, but decided to add some RWB Porsches and later on also some Liberty Walk cars. So this is my first RWB. I won't be added too much of them, but only the ones I really like, like this green monster, RWB Atlanta #1. Model is from GTS and exactly as expected.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (964 RWB 'Atlanta')

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Great colour and I love the unique wheel design!

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (964 RWB 'Atlanta')

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:11 am

Next one isn't a new addition to the collection, but a modification to a model I already had. A couple of years ago I say some pictures of a Countach Turbo. There are 2 factory supported Turbo's ever made, a black one and a metallic red one. The red one was missing for a long time and found a few years back. When I saw the pictures, I fell in love with the spec of that car. In mine opinion, the best looking countach ever made. Just google Countach Turbo and you know exactly what I mean. I just wanted a model of that car, but no one makes it. GT Spirit made a car that was similar, the Koenig Countach. I bought that model a few years ago to use that as a base to make my own Countach Turbo.

Modification made to the model are:
Changed the interior to white with black flocking on the floor and behind the seats
Made all the panel gaps and shutlines black
Made the naca ducts black
Lowered the car
Made the outer rim of the wheels silver
Made the brake calipers copper color
Added the 'Turbo' text to the skirts

It is not an exact replica. The rear wing is still the Koenig wing and the exhaust is still the original 4 pipes, instead of the 2 central pipes of the real Turbo. Maybe I try to replicate the exhaust later, but it requires changes to the baseplate of the model. And that is made of pretty thin resin and very brittle.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Countach Turbo)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:08 am

Nice job. Not sure if I'm sold in the exterior colour though.

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Countach Turbo)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:52 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:08 am
Nice job. Not sure if I'm sold in the exterior colour though.
Problem with that colour is that it is impossible to get it right on pictures. It is bright metallic red, but no matter how I take the picture, of with what camera, it become more orange/brown.

Next update: Was in the planning long time, but never pulled the trigger on the AA Porsche Carrera GT. I still had my old Maisto Carrera GT in the collection, but it became time to upgrade. I chose the white, because my AA 959 and 918 are white as well, although the 918 has the Martini livery. Maybe I give the 959 and the Carrera GT the Martini livery as well in the future, but not sure yet. Who do you guys think?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

celituning

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Porsche Carrera GT)

Post by celituning » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:57 am

The Aa Carrera GT is on my wish list too.

With the difference that my maisto CGT was destroyed by my son.

Is the price for keep Safe the good ones hahaha.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:56 am

The Carrera GT is still one of my faves still. I have this one too, and I did not realize to years later that the rear spoiler is functional :doh:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:56 am
The Carrera GT is still one of my faves still. I have this one too, and I did not realize to years later that the rear spoiler is functional :doh:
:rotfl:

The new additions keep coming in. This time it is the AA Dodge Challenger Demon. I wanted a Challenger, but AA didn't make it easy as they released a lot of varieties in different colours. It had to be a wide body, but that still left the choice between a Hellcat and a Demon. In the end I chose the Demon in this metallic blue. Must say, pretty pleased with this model. One of the better AA models of late in my opinion. Only again the &^^%&^*&%%$ rubber seatbelts.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Dodge Challenger Demon)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 am

Nice choice! Great colour option too. It doesn't weigh much, does it? :)

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:20 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 am
Nop. And as we know, according to the FB experts, weight equals quality, so this model is very bad.

Luckily I like the weightless, no quality models.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Marcel171281 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:20 pm
[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 am
Nop. And as we know, according to the FB experts, weight equals quality, so this model is very bad.

Luckily I like the weightless, no quality models.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: I guess I'm getting rid of all three variants too :doh:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:39 am

Nearly 2 months since the last new addition arrived, mainly done pre-orders in the meantime. But since the shops are open again here after the lockdown, I went to look at a model I looked at so many times before, but never pulled the trigger on. This time I did and I wonder why I didn't do that earlier. The model is the CMC Maserati 300S. I also decided to focus a bit more on older cars and less on the new supercar stuff, which is becoming an endless train of more of the same in different variaties. Not that I stop with modern cars, but I'm going to pick them more wisely instead of adding every new variety of the same sort of car. I rather add something unique, like the Maserati.

Enough talk, (a lot of) pictures:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Maserati 300S)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 01, 2021 7:40 am

Lovely add! It really shows the state of the hobby today, not many models provide this level of detail. Thankfully CMC doesn't usually first my them otherwise I'd be poor LOL :money: :money:

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Maserati 300S)

Post by Marcel171281 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:47 pm

Luckily I don't collect pre war, otherwise I would be living under a bridge surrounded by many CMC models. :shame: Actually this model is from 2013, so not a new release, but still not sold out and for what we now call AUTOart money :rotfl: I preordered their future Ferrari 275 GTB/C as well, which is a lor more unfortunately. I so hope it will be worth it.

Return to “Member Collections”