Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR-1)

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Ferrari SP3 Icona Daytona)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:04 am
The blue interior is so radical, just love it.
That blue interior makes this car perfect. It is historically correct, but also looks super nice. And we can say want we want about sealed resin model for a lot of money, but the interiors on these BBR models of late are stunningly executed. Especially the 'alcantara'.

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Ferrari SP3 Icona Daytona)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:22 am

The Almost Real Ruf SCR arrived in the same box as the BBR Daytona. Also a very capable model, especially concidering the price. Hardly any short commings. The only one I can mention is the molded CF in the front compartment, but that price had to come from somewhere and lets be hounest, that front compartment is opened once for pictures and probably (almost) never again with most collectors.

I just very, very much hope, this model will not developed any paint rash. This flat dark green will be the absolute worst to have rash on it. But still a stunning spec.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gavin

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Ruf SCR)

Post by Gavin » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:54 pm

Stunning model & spec. That interior looks outstanding!

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Ruf SCR)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:09 am

A model I bought quite a while ago and was just some random purchase. I saw it in my favourite shop, thought it was cool and bought it. It is a 1968 Pontiac Firebird in a trans-am tribute livery. So not a proper race car, but still looks cool I think. Made by ACME, probably old GMP mold.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Pontiac Firebird)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:33 am

Another random, unplanned, purchase is a 1996 Ford Falcon V8 Supercar made by a company called APEX. Never heard of it, but apparently made by TSM. I found this model in a discount corner for litterally pocket change. Only thing was, no return, it is as it is. Old model, made of metal, full of decals worth the risk? Well I bought it and it turned out pretty decent.

Sure the decals are fragile and on some edges also damaged. Also some light rash here and there, but the details are good on this model and V8 supercars are cool imho.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gavin

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (1996 Ford Falcon V8 Supercar)

Post by Gavin » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:40 am

Very nice....looks packed with details. I've had a handful of the Aussie Super V8 models over the years & love them. I actually have Seton's newer 2000 Falcon in similar Ford Credit livery. It must have been one of Classic Carlectables' first efforts, as it is sealed diecast unfortunately.

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (1996 Ford Falcon V8 Supercar)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:42 am

Next addition was a car that was long overdue, the Golf mk1 GTI. Iconic and should be in any collection imho. Unfortunalety every model available is old and not very detailed, but with the lack of better I bought one anyway. In this case from Norev, which is, I believe, also an old Solido model. There is also a Welly, but I prefered this one.

Eventually this will be a project, so this model won't stay as it is. Not sure what is going to change exactly, but wheels and exhaust for sure and also the interior will be done. Maybe I'm going to do something engine wise as well, but not decided yet.

Anyway, some pictures as it arrived:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (VW Golf mk1 GTi)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:20 am

Nice edition. I've had the Red one in my collection since 2013, I agree it's not the most detailed but it works for me on many levels. Being a VW nut, 58 models or 9% of my collection are currently branded Volkswagen. In short, I love the Norev release for the GTI generations, and will gladly keep purchasing them if released.

On a side note, recently took delivery of a 1:1 20th Anniversary Gold R; the OttOmobile version is very disappointing! :shame:

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (VW Golf mk1 GTi)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:43 am

After years and years of searching for a Ferrari Enzo by BBR in the exact spec I wanted, I finally found one that was affordable! And it is in mint condition as well. I still had my very old and pretty poor Hotwheels (non-elite) in the collection, which is now replaced by this model.

As most of you will know, this model is pretty good! This specific model is in Rosso F1 2007. Only 1 real Enzo exist in this colour. It is a deep red metallic, which also was on the 2007 Ferrari F1 cars.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Ferrari Enzo)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:48 pm

Lovely addition. This is a fabulous piece, and like you, I traded in my capability Hot Wheels Elite for it too. Will we ever get to this level of detail again for modern cars?

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:16 pm

No, never.

First, the modelmakers are cutting more and more corners to be able to keep the prices some sort of affordable

Second, modern cars are made different and there is simply less detail to replicate.

I have my AA McLaren speedtail right in front of me in the livingroom diorama. Very nice model, but no where near models like the Enzo. I can't blame AA for it, McLaren covers everything up on the real car as well. Either engine covers don't open on cars anymore, of if they do, there is a big CF cover over everything.

I'm more and more ignoring the new stuff that comes to market and more and more tending towards either older models, or good models of old cars (like CMC). Much more to enjoy imho.

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:02 pm

Together with the Enzo another model, that I was looking for a long time, came in. It's the AUTOart Koenigsegg CCX in orange. Like the Enzo also in perfect condition.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Koenigsegg CCX)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:47 am

Another new addition to the collection is the re-release of the Kyosho Toyota Celica GT-four from the 1991 Monte Carlo Rally. For me a must have. The model is, especially for its age, pretty well executed. I don't know how old the original molds are and what (or if) Kyosho updated anything, but it is holding up pretty good. The only give away are the doglegs on the bonnet and boot.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:24 am

I don't collect rally cars, but they sure offer a good amount of detail!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:51 pm

That looks excellent! This mold isn't that old, though...less than 5 years or so?

Return to “Member Collections”