Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Koenigsegg CCX)

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (McLaren Senna)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:18 am

I like this colour too. On first and quick inspection I did like the overall results. No review as I don't have access to the photo studio until next year :( I did however choose Vision Victory. Just love the uniqueness factor of the colour. Different is good.

Marcel171281

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (McLaren Senna)

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:21 am

Happy new year for everyone!

As another year has gone past, time for an overview and some pictures of the displays.

New models added this year:

AUTOart :
Alfa Romeo 4C in white
Nissan GT-R Silhouette Group 5
Porsche Carrera GT in white
Dodge Challenger Demon in blue
Jaguar XJR13
Audi Quattro SWB in red
Aston Martin Vantage in red
Aston Martin DB11 in green
Lamborghini Aventador Liberty Walk in silver
Mercedes 190 2.5 16V Evo 2 in black
Lamborghini Espada in blue
BMW Z8 in silver
Lamborghini Aventador SVJ in purple
Nissan Skyline GT-R KPGC110 in silver
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 in blue with BBS wheels
McLaren Senna in blue
Bugatti EB110SS in yellow

CMC:
Maserati 300S in red

GT Spirit:
Porsche 964 RWB Altanta

Kyosho:
Fiat 131 Abarth Rally in yellow
Austin Healey Sprite in white

Norev:
Peugeot 205 T16
Mercedes 500SL in blue

Spark:
Red Bull Racing RB16 M. Verstappen 70th anniversary GP

With those addition this is what the displays look like at this moment:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ivan911

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Display overview)

Post by Ivan911 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:15 am

Awesome :clap:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Looks great! Awesome additions. HNY!! :clap:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:37 pm

fantastic looking displays!!

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:51 am

Great additions and the displays look awsome!!

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:24 am

Thanks for the compliments!

If you looked closely in the above pictures, you could already see the next update I want to show. It is the Bugatti EB110 Super Sport from AUTOart. I choose the yellow, because... well, why not?

The model is seriously good. I can't name any shortcoming, flaws, cost cutting etc. Nothing, just perfect In my opinion.

Also interesting to see how many subtle differences there are to the EB110 GT.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Bugatti EB110SS)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:37 am

Lovely pair I'm liking the YELLOW!

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:02 pm

Happy to hear the model is good. Mine is in the mail, yellow also... Will look great with my blue GT also… :okay:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:32 am

Time for an update.

There is a part of the collection that I want to expand a bit more and that is the Japanese part and specifically Japanese tuner cars. And I don't mean the RWB's and LBW's, but real JDM stuff. They are a niche, but a subject I really like (my late 10's, early 20's I basically grew up with JDM stuff). There is 1 brand of modelcars that does nothing else, which is Ignition Models. Never bought from them, so a bit of a gamble. And yes, it is sealed resin and yes, also not cheap, but I tought about it very long, pulled the trigger and pre-ordered some. The first to come in is the Mazda RX-7 from Fujita Engineering (know as the FEED RX-7), based on a later series RX-7 FD3S. In real life this is a rocket, setting the record time in the Japanese motor show 'best motoring' on the Touge showdown.

The model is good. If it is really worth the price is still a bit doubtfull, but it is unique and the model doesn't disappoint. The smaller details, paint, carbon fiber work etc is really really good. But the best part is the definition of the panels. The shutlines are really fine, but very deep and made dark. With cheaper sealed resin model, you can see it is sealed from a mile away, with this one it looks really convincing.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Mazda RX-7 Fujita Engineering)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:14 pm

Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate the RX-7. I don't believe I've seen IM in the flesh. Why the comment below. Curious? Maybe a review is required?
The model is good. If it is really worth the price is still a bit doubtfull, but it is unique and the model doesn't disappoint.

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:02 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:14 pm
Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate the RX-7. I don't believe I've seen IM in the flesh. Why the comment below. Curious? Maybe a review is required?
The model is good. If it is really worth the price is still a bit doubtfull, but it is unique and the model doesn't disappoint.
I will write a review in the coming weeks/month. Saw there wasn't an IM review on the site, so was thinking about it already.

OK, let me try to explain better.

If you don't know the price and see the model coming out of the box, you will see it's really good. It is a lot better than sealed models from the likes of GT Spirit/Ottomobile, Spark etc. These are sealed models already in my collection, so more or less my reference when it comes to resin models.

But, knowing the price (with the added taxes as it's coming from Japan) and considering it's sealed, the question I ask myself: Was this worth it? Price wise, this is BBR territory. And than it's suddenly a sealed model for a lot of money. For me personally a big step. I don't mind spending a lot of money on models, but sealed ones is different. I'm sure you know the feeling and can relate to this.

So I am not dissapointed at all in this model. But I crossed a line I told myself for years not to cross. The doubt is in this: Will I cross it again?

Probably yes...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:20 am

Yes, the subject matter then cover isn't part of the main team's theme. Think of it this way, they cover a very niche segment and do it well, but it comes at a price!

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:08 am

I'm back. Had (well, still have) quite a busy period with work at the moment as everything start going back to normal as Covid more or less has passed here. But this promise still stands:
Marcel171281 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:02 am
I will write a review in the coming weeks/month. Saw there wasn't an IM review on the site, so was thinking about it already.
Being busy doesn't mean models can't be ordered, so in the meantime some came in.

The first one to show is a model I have been looking for for a long time. It's the Exoto Jaguar XJR-9 from Le Mans 1988. It is the car that won, incl the Dutch driver Jan Lammers. I met Jan a couple of times, going back since I was a little boy. Since I'm back in the hobby, this model has been on the top of my must-have list.

About the model itself: It is seriously good, the details are outstandig and the materials used are very nice. It is not as good as a CMC (maybe also because this is 20 years old), but close. On the negative, the use of proper materials stops where you can't see them, like the front suspension. That is all plastic and after 20 years it became very brittle. This model will need some repair work in that area in the future. It is not visible when on display or on the pictures, but when you pick it up, the front wheels move in direction they shouldn't. It is a common problem on these models, so was not unexpected.

Time for pictures, al lot..

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Marcel's 1/18 scale collection (Jaguar XJR-9 LM88)

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:15 am

An Exoto classic for sure!

Return to “Member Collections”