Radiator emblem 1907 Rolls-Royce 40/50

Post some your successes and tips that keep you diecast collection in tip top shape!
clydedcosta

Radiator emblem 1907 Rolls-Royce 40/50

Post by clydedcosta » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 am

Hello everyone,

My brother and I have India's largest collection of scale models - having found place in two record books in the country. I'm brand new to this forum and I appeal for assistance.

I bought a NEO 1:18 1907 Rolls-Royce 40/50 Silver Ghost model from a private seller in Germany last year. The package was delayed (and subsequently mishandled) in transit and what with the Indian Customs rifling it, the radiator cap and the AA logo atop it was dropped out of the box and lost.

The model reached me in pieces (luckily the paintwork was intact) and it was after referring to a score of photographs online that I could piece it together, but the cap and the logo is still elusive.

I wrote to NEO in the Netherlands, but like any other model-manufacturer, their interest is only in your money, not in after-sales-service. They haven't even bothered to acknowledge my email, let alone reply it.

Could I appeal to any member of this forum to assist me in getting a replacement? A million thanks in advance.

CLYDE D'COSTA
Co-founder : Autofest City
India's largest collection of scale models.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Radiator emblem 1907 Rolls-Royce 40/50

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:46 pm

Welcome to DS. As for the replacement, custom bits will be your only resource I think, the logo being the easiest of two to replace. It won't be cheap.

On a side note, let's see some pics of the collection? TIA>

clydedcosta

Post by clydedcosta » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I wrote to a couple of custom bits people, but no joy so far.

I'd love to share some pics of our collection. We have a webpage :

http://www.autofestcityindia.myfreesites.net

Happy viewing!

CLYDE

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:00 am

clydedcosta wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:28 pm
Thanks for the welcome. I wrote to a couple of custom bits people, but no joy so far.

I'd love to share some pics of our collection. We have a webpage :

http://www.autofestcityindia.myfreesites.net

Happy viewing!

CLYDE
Thanks for the link. However, the site is blocked, states "security rick".

Return to “Model Care & Replacement Parts”