Plexi covers

Post some your successes and tips that keep you diecast collection in tip top shape!
luft911

Plexi covers

Post by luft911 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 am

Hi Guys ,
I just received a model from across the pond that arrived with a cracked plexi cover . Thankfully the model was undamaged . I need to have a new one made ( it's an oddball 1/12 size that fits over a ridge on the base ) and wondered what suggestions you might have for a good case - hopefully not too horribly priced .
Thanks,
Bryan

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Plexi covers

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Custom won't be cheap :doh: I've worked with below on a couple of projects: Lego VW Bus display and 1:8 Pocher Lambo display. Neither was cheap, but the results were very good.

https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/

luft911

Post by luft911 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:37 pm

^ Thanks . I had come across J Display Case a while ago who seems to have great reviews . I'm hoping I can make a insurance claim to cover part or all of the expense of doing this . This is the first time I've received a damaged case although the larger and heavier the model is I'm always fearful it will happen . The best shipping solution I've seen is the way Porsche shipped the 1/12 911 RSR Pink Pig whereby the case was separated form the base by foam strips . The BMW Art Cars also have a good system of the case hanging suspended several inches off the base by molded Styrofoam end blocks .

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 pm

make a insurance claim to cover part or all of the expense of doing this
Good thinking! :okay:

Return to “Model Care & Replacement Parts”