Model Wax to improve the colour and looks of your models

Post some your successes and tips that keep you diecast collection in tip top shape!
noakesr8

Model Wax to improve the colour and looks of your models

Post by noakesr8 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:24 pm

I bought a couple of 5oz tubs of "The Treatment" Model Wax The Final Detail, online through eBay, made by Treatment Products, Chicago. IL a few years ago and apparently, using a Dremel with polishing pads, it is possible to reinvigorate and protect model paint, so that a worn finish is brought up like new again.
I have not tried the product yet on any of my models - although I originally intended it for my Pocher cars - so let's say that is another work in progress, I have yet to begin.
You can check out the product on Google, if it still exists for sale and hopefully some feedback on the product. :clap: Richard

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Model Wax to improve the colour and looks of your models

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Richard, thanks for the tip!

PS - You need to goos skills to use a Dremel tool without burning the paint, collectors beware of this.

Packard Fan

Re: Model Wax to improve the colour and looks of your models

Post by Packard Fan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:09 pm

When using a Dremel rotory tool for polishing be sure it’s the variable speed type tool and use ONLY slow to medium slow speed settings to keep from burning the paint , finish buffing your model with a small swatch of micro fiber cloth..and Qtips for those reeeally tight spots, lol

Return to “Model Care & Replacement Parts”