Autoart Signature Series Jaguar E-type Series 1

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
Puma Cat

Autoart Signature Series Jaguar E-type Series 1

Post by Puma Cat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:37 pm

My most recent acquisition, the Auto art Signature Series Jaguar E-type Series 1. I'm very impressed with this model from the accuracy, quality of the fit 'n finish, paint, and detail. Comprised of over 500 individual parts. When shot with control over the lighting, it can be challenging to tell this model from the actual car.

Some pics:

StratosWRC

Re: Auto art Signature Series Jaguar E-type Series 1

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 pm

I agree, that does look like a real one. Very classy looking convertible

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Nice addition. Great photos of one of the sexist cars ever made (coupe is sexier) :D

I recently acquired the coupe in red. I had to send it back due to quality control issues. The rear passenger side bumper was sitting at the bottom of the styrofoam shell and the paint on the inside of the driver door was heavily chipped away. Based on the retail of this model both issues are unacceptable. I do agree the model is nice, but again at the price is left me a bit disappointed. The biggest issue with the model are the tires, there is some debate on the size, looks like the side wall is a little too small.

PS - I moved the topic to the appropriate forum - thanks.

Puma Cat

Post by Puma Cat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:18 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Nice addition. Great photos of one of the sexist cars ever made (coupe is sexier) :D

I recently acquired the coupe in red. I had to send it back due to quality control issues. The rear passenger side bumper was sitting at the bottom of the styrofoam shell and the paint on the inside of the driver door was heavily chipped away. Based on the retail of this model both issues are unacceptable. I do agree the model is nice, but again at the price is left me a bit disappointed. The biggest issue with the model are the tires, there is some debate on the size, looks like the side wall is a little too small.

PS - I moved the topic to the appropriate forum - thanks.
Interesting...I have a very small paint chip on the edge of the right side chassis at the passenger door, it's very small. I am going to get some silver paint and touch it up. I agree that at these prices, these models should be flawless and Auto art needs to improve it's QC.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 pm

In my case it wasn't a small chip, 1-2 centimeters in diameter. It detracted too much attention with the door in the open position. I'll post some pics once the replacement arrives.

jface

Post by jface » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Model looks real... beautiful

Puma Cat

Post by Puma Cat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:46 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:In my case it wasn't a small chip, 1-2 centimeters in diameter. It detracted too much attention with the door in the open position. I'll post some pics once the replacement arrives.
Well, that isn't remotely acceptable. I've had to return two Spark models due to quality defects, one a Flying Lizard Porsche 1:18 car that ran at Le Mans, and a 1:43 Audi R18 etron quattro.

I went to the local hobby shop today and got some Model Master paint and touched up the very small little chip in the paint of the Jag.

But, back to the topic at hand...more Jaguar E-type pics! :D

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:50 am

Super!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 am

beautiful model & great pics. I have AA's SIII Roadster & would love to get one of these SI's (preferably a Coupe), but its way more than I'd like to spend.

The styling on these is just incredible. I saw one on the road a few weeks back & then a bunch more at a car show over the weekend.

I just doesn't get much better than this:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 pm

She's absolutely gorgeous in red! :love:

Richlapalme

Post by Richlapalme » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:34 pm

I own a black coupe with tan interior. Most aspects of this model are definitely world class. The body contours, fit and finish, paint, interior, engine details are super. This color combo really pops!

However, I’m dissapointed with the wheels/tires/working suspension. The tires are lower profile than the car wore in the 1960′s. The steel wheels obviously took much manual labor (and expense) to produce but lack the chromed look of the prototype and posses spokes that, to me, are ironically to thin/skinny! Spoked wheels on my 1/18 Autoart Aston Martin DB5 appear to be one piece injection molded/chromed. They were cheaper to produce but look much more realistic!! The Aston Martin is from the Millenium series while the Jag is from the pricey Signature series.

Then there is the working suspension – often a source of mischief when attempted as it is here. The model sits too high in the front! (possibly even a little too low in the back) You can see this in the above photos as well as in the links provided below. Once you’ve pushed a fender down a few times and watched it rebound, you lose interest in this feature and you wish the axles were fixed to the proper ride height. I own an Autoart 1/18 Jaguar E-Type Series III roadster from 2004 (Millenium series) with fixed axles that looks dead on height-wise. I wish Autoart had decided against the somewhat gimmicky working suspension and produced a model that looked exactly right when displayed. Call me finicky, but at these prices…. If the info posted on the net regarding the upcoming E-Type Series II models is accurate, AutoArt plans to do these in the Millenium series. Hopefully this means forgoing the problematic working suspension and giving these models the realistic tire/spoked wheel treatment enjoyed by its cheaper Millenium series Auston Martin. Can anyone confirm this??

Prototype Jaguar Series 1 "flat floor" coupe:
http://www.nickwhalesportscarsdirect.co ... -floor-301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Autoart 1/18 Jaguar Series 1 coupe (Signature series):
http://www.diecastsociety.com/autoart-1 ... 3-8-green/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Autoart 1/18 Aston Martin DB5 coupe (Millenium series):
http://www.autoartmodels.com/en/product ... uctId=1949" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd really be interested in hearing what other owners of 1/18 Signature Jaguar Series I E-Types think about all of this!!

Puma Cat

Post by Puma Cat » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Trying another lighting technique on the Jaguar E-type Series 1; with the soft box directly overhead....

Last edited by Puma Cat on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puma Cat

Post by Puma Cat » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Richlapalme wrote:I own a black coupe with tan interior. Most aspects of this model are definitely world class. The body contours, fit and finish, paint, interior, engine details are super. This color combo really pops!

However, I’m dissapointed with the wheels/tires/working suspension. The tires are lower profile than the car wore in the 1960′s. The steel wheels obviously took much manual labor (and expense) to produce but lack the chromed look of the prototype and posses spokes that, to me, are ironically to thin/skinny! Spoked wheels on my 1/18 Autoart Aston Martin DB5 appear to be one piece injection molded/chromed. They were cheaper to produce but look much more realistic!! The Aston Martin is from the Millenium series while the Jag is from the pricey Signature series.

Then there is the working suspension – often a source of mischief when attempted as it is here. The model sits too high in the front! (possibly even a little too low in the back) You can see this in the above photos as well as in the links provided below. Once you’ve pushed a fender down a few times and watched it rebound, you lose interest in this feature and you wish the axles were fixed to the proper ride height. I own an Autoart 1/18 Jaguar E-Type Series III roadster from 2004 (Millenium series) with fixed axles that looks dead on height-wise. I wish Autoart had decided against the somewhat gimmicky working suspension and produced a model that looked exactly right when displayed. Call me finicky, but at these prices…. If the info posted on the net regarding the upcoming E-Type Series II models is accurate, AutoArt plans to do these in the Millenium series. Hopefully this means forgoing the problematic working suspension and giving these models the realistic tire/spoked wheel treatment enjoyed by its cheaper Millenium series Auston Martin. Can anyone confirm this??

I'd really be interested in hearing what other owners of 1/18 Signature Jaguar Series I E-Types think about all of this!!
I know that the tire profile/wheel arch/whatever may not be perfectly accurate, but I really don't care. I love this model. I think it's beautifully done with gorgeous paint and wonderful details, and terrific value for the money.

Plus, it photographs beautifully. :okay:

Return to “AUTOart”