AUTOart Signature Series opinions ?

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
Virg02

AUTOart Signature Series opinions ?

Post by Virg02 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi I'm just wondering what other collectors opinions and experience has been with the Autoart signature series ?

I have three now with probably a fourth coming but haven't actually been as impressed with the second two as much as the third. They seem from my experience to be a bit hit and miss on their standard.

My first was the Pagani Huayra in the Metalic Red. I was VERY impressed with this model and still am. It's level of detail and features is awesome. All the usual opening parts plus more. All 4 of the small wing flaps on the cars corners open and close too and so do the two luggage compartment with their suitcases inside them. The engine detail is fantastic right down to the burn chrome colour on the four exhaust pipes. It even came with a pair of spare wing mirror which are very delicate and easily Brocken. The only issue at all is that one of the gull wing doors tends to drop and dirt a little lower than the other when opened and although a sheet of paper that comes in the box shows you can tighten the screw to fix this it's difficult to get enough purchase in the screw to tighten it enough even with the small screwdriver they proved. An Allen key would probably have been better. However as I said it's a very nice and impressive model

The second one I bought was the Koeniggseg Agera in Silver. Again a very nice model with removable roof which is a nice feature. Its doors have been beautifully replicated which is amazing engineering in 1/18 scale. Engine detail and hood and boot ( trunk) hinges and struts are great. Hoever my BIG issue with this model is when you remove the roof panel it reveals a pair of seats that look soooo plastic it's ridiculous. Seriously they look no better than a standard Hotwheels model. When you're paying around $400 AUD or more for a model I would expect much more. My old regular Autoart models ALL have meter seats that this model. And as I've said with a removable roof they are just so visible.

Lastly just last weekend my latest Signiture Series model arrived in the mail. The all time Classic Supercar the McLaren F1 ( in GTR Trim and Orange paint ) again like the other two I had only seen this in pictures and not in the flesh in a store. Going on those pictures which at least on one point to follow are I think somewhat misleading , I was expecting some great features. The model is beautiful but I was disappointed to find that the side panel behind the door did not come of altogether but simply folds out. I realise that that is just my misunderstanding the picture and is probably the way it is on the real car but I had thought it came right off I just fail to see the point in all the effort they've taken to have a fold out panel when it only opens a small amount and reveals almost nothing ( unlike the luggage compartments on the Pagani with its suitcases) that's not my main disappointment though.
The Autoart pictures (even in the Brochure that come in the box) show the back of the car removed revealing all the engine and interior detail so I assumed that this was possible on the model. Unfortunately it isn't and Tis is it seems simply a photo of a partially assembled car to show these details. I think it's deceiving because I can't think of a time that this has ever been done in a deities of model pics on a web page. I expect to get what they show but maybe that's my fault for not looking more carefully. After double checking I've noticed even the windscreen is missing in the photo and obviously that's not removable.
The other issue on the McLaren is the doors. I've only opened them a few times seeing as how I've showed a few friends and it only arrived two days ago but already one sous not close all the way and springs back to stay ajar by a couple of millimetres. Both doors have struts on them and I'm guessing that one has been opened a little too much and now springs back a little when closed. If this is possible maybe it souls have a warning note in the box or attached to a tab on a door or even better engineer it to have a stop to prevent it opening too far. I'm going to attempt to unscrew the strut to confirm that the problem then either leave it of or repair it but again for the price I think it's disappointing.
So that's my experience what has others been. As I said I'm about to get another soon. The Porsche GT1 (Plain Body because that's the perfect partner for my TSM Ferrair F50 GT) and that like the Pagani probably lends itself to a little more in the way of detail and dope including etc but let's wait and see.

Tell me what you think.

Virg02

Re: Autoart signature series opinions ?

Post by Virg02 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Sorry that first bit shoul have read that I haven't been as impressed with the second two as much a the FIRST

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Autoart signature series opinions ?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Read our reviews.

Second thing, PLEASE place your topics in the RIGHT forum. i.e AUTOart topic belongs to the AUTOart. Thank you!

Virg02

Re: AUTOart Signature Series opinions ?

Post by Virg02 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Ok no worries I'm still new and learning the ropes. Can it be moved to there ?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Virg02 wrote:Ok no worries I'm still new and learning the ropes. Can it be moved to there ?
Already done. Thanks.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:29 pm

I think you're doing too much thinking! If you're gonna inspect every model so hard, none of them will stand up to the scrutiny and there will be no joy in this hobby for you. At the end of the day, these are just car models, and they're not really expected to be flawless, especially with today's complexity and parts count. Second, with the way prices are in Australia, you're probably better off with other brands. You paid 400 AUD for the Agera, and here it was the equivalent of about $240 AUD. You aussies are just getting a bad deal. But for $240 they're good models, flaws and all.

Virg02

Post by Virg02 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:06 pm

You may be right. I am to much of a perfectionist for my own good and I do take the initial joy out of a purchase at times by looking to hard. On the price I think I got the first two at $300 and $330 by looking around on eBay and striking it lucky with a brief sale price but the regular price in AUD is about $400

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:12 pm

I hope to hell Canadian prices never get that crazy........

Return to “AUTOart”