AUTOart: Pagani Huayra in Bronze

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

AUTOart: Pagani Huayra in Bronze

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:58 pm

I finally got around to adding an AUTOart Pagani Huayra to my personal collection. To be honest I wasn't really taken back with any of the colours issued by AUTOart to date. I was hoping for others to be released, but that was not the case. Pricing for this piece are escalating and inventory is becoming more scarce. Our crappy Canadian dollar isn't strong either both aiding in my decision to purchase one. That being said the model is nothing less than brilliant, it's my CMC piece is "Supercar" skin!

There are 30 photos for you to enjoy, I could have taken 30-40 more. This model is riddled with detail, eye candy for the senses. Everything works as advertised, the level of detail is more than welcomed. I reviewed this model back in March 2014, I forgot how hefty this piece is in weight, quality and presence. And the Bronze exterior with Carbon Fiber looks much better in person than my novice photo skills can capture. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: AUTOart: Pagani Huayra in Bronze

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Welcome to the Huayra club!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:48 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Welcome to the Huayra club!
Thanks. Tell me you kept yours?

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Oh yeah. It's a really really good model.

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Amazing model, but both interior and exterior colors are boring and mine has quite a few quality issues. Yours seems to be perfect, congrats,it's a very complicated model and mistakes are easily made. The engine bay is the most astonishing piece with even the shape of the subframe tubes replicated (and no they're not just square or round). Only thing I can't believe it's real is the place where the ECU is sitting, below the exhaust. Seems the worst possible spot to me.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:15 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Oh yeah. It's a really really good model.
Good! :okay:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Zondaracer wrote:Amazing model, but both interior and exterior colors are boring and mine has quite a few quality issues. Yours seems to be perfect, congrats,it's a very complicated model and mistakes are easily made. The engine bay is the most astonishing piece with even the shape of the subframe tubes replicated (and no they're not just square or round). Only thing I can't believe it's real is the place where the ECU is sitting, below the exhaust. Seems the worst possible spot to me.
Agreed on the "boring" colours, but I didn't want to pay $1000 for this model if for some reason it went out of production.

I'm very anal with my models, this one is perfect, not a hair out of place. What issues does your model have?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 am

Mine has paint damage due to panels hitting eachother. Most damage on the clamshell. Already from factory beause small repairs are visible. F.e. if I open the rear clamshell, it hits the exhaust tips. Mine misses the tiny rubber edge protectors on the forward tips of the clamshell, the mirror reflective stickers were poorly placed and jumped off and one taillight is flooded with glue. Forward opening part (bonnet?) is loose and can rotate when opened.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:00 am

Did you try tighting the screws for the opening panels?

Zondaracer

Post by Zondaracer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:39 am

No haven't touched it. It's in the cabinet for now. When my Zonda F coupe is finished I'll use it for background pics (both will be pearl white with a carbon roof, so should look splendid together). Then I'll repair or strip it. Still on my wishlist to make it full carbon, but probably after the Zonda project 3 and 4.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:07 am

Full carbon would be sick!

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 am

This is not my favorite subject matter, but I think the execution of the model is the finest that AUTOart has ever done. Better even than the Zonda R or Revolucion, or than the McLaren F1 LM.

You did well to buy it. I couldn't wait this long. Hope we don't see prices start skyrocketing on some of the other models that I had to pass on this past two years (EB110, Gumpert, MC12, Supersport, Agera).

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:25 pm

I think the execution of the model is the finest that AUTOart has ever done.
Thanks. I would have to agree.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Mine came with a part loose and the black panel on top of the roof fell off. I glued the panel back and got rid of the loose part cause it was from somewhere deep within the engine and not visible.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:39 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Mine came with a part loose and the black panel on top of the roof fell off. I glued the panel back and got rid of the loose part cause it was from somewhere deep within the engine and not visible.
That loose piece would eat me alive! :lol:

Return to “AUTOart”