Autoart Composite 1:18 Aventador SV Worth the Money ????

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
Hans

Re: Autoart Composite 1:18 Aventador SV Worth the Money ????

Post by Hans » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:23 am

UPDATE: Just came to know that Aventador SV will cost around $220 advised retail price... !! and its Release date could be in Q2 of 2017.. IS IT WORTH THE WAIT OR SHOULD I GO AHEAD WITH 50TH ANN Aventador

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:00 pm

You need to make that decision not us

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 pm

just buy it......its the SV for christ sakes!!!!

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:16 pm

If you ask someone might tell you yeah buy every Aventador version in every color... So better make your own decisions.

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 am

Just got the pearlwhite SV, looks great. There are a couple of little things im not a fan of for the price point, but otherwise a must have for any lambo or AA fan.

My two biggest gripes are the paint on any surface that isnt the exterior is pretty crappy (like under the front trunklid or door jambs [jams?]) and trying to get the front deck lid or doors open without fear of breaking them. Also if it wernt for the struts, i think the doors would suffer the same problems as original AA lambos. Otherwise fantastic model.

Im looking for an excuse to add the orange, im hoping a roadster is in the future.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 am

I should have the blue soon, I will review in detail. The learning curve of metal vs. composite or plastic to some is the biggest hurtle. Though it seems the paint in getting somewhat better too.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Mikey MKIV wrote:Just got the pearlwhite SV, looks great. There are a couple of little things im not a fan of for the price point, but otherwise a must have for any lambo or AUTOart fan.

My two biggest gripes are the paint on any surface that isnt the exterior is pretty crappy (like under the front trunklid or door jambs [jams?]) and trying to get the front deck lid or doors open without fear of breaking them. Also if it wernt for the struts, i think the doors would suffer the same problems as original AUTOart lambos. Otherwise fantastic model.

Im looking for an excuse to add the orange, im hoping a roadster is in the future.
I hear you about the fear of breaking the lid and doors. I think as long as you are careful no problem. The issue is if once you have a quick uncontrolled hand movement (can happen to anybody a bit stressed) and there you go broken. Happened to me with a TSM McLaren F1 with a plastic engine lid. A real paint to fix (when it is repairable) :(

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:16 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:I should have the blue soon, I will review in detail. The learning curve of metal vs. composite or plastic to some is the biggest hurtle. Though it seems the paint in getting somewhat better too.
I personally dont mind if its composite, as long as it displays well. I have a long history of building plastic kits, so fragile assemblies dont scare me. However a flimsy panel or hood with autoarts somwhat stiff hinges can prove to be tricky without flexing the plastic. This one especially. Unless i just got a really tight one

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:48 am

I really don't either, I just want the fit and finish to be there, especially at these premium prices. As mentioned the paint is getting better, let's hope this trends continues! :fingercrossed:

Hans

Post by Hans » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:55 am

Mikey MKIV wrote:Just got the pearlwhite SV, looks great. There are a couple of little things im not a fan of for the price point, but otherwise a must have for any lambo or AUTOart fan.

My two biggest gripes are the paint on any surface that isnt the exterior is pretty crappy (like under the front trunklid or door jambs [jams?]) and trying to get the front deck lid or doors open without fear of breaking them. Also if it wernt for the struts, i think the doors would suffer the same problems as original AUTOart lambos. Otherwise fantastic model.

so that means I cant keep the doors open for long time in display since its Weak as u say !! ???

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 am

I wouldn't go that far, they are spring loaded with strut support, but strut support is all show.

Hans

Post by Hans » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:00 pm

just read an comment of one member about his Aventador SV same colur as ur Review and he didn't like the quality and sum problems with the wheels...so is it an defective piece or the Quality Consistency of Aventador SV models is bad ???

SINCE I CAN AFFORD ONLY ONE AUTOART AVENTADOR MODEL... I DONT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON LOW QUALITY MODEL where I can BUY AN DIECAST 50th ANN AVENTADOR For same price !!

I Do love the SV model more but QUALITY is ???

PLZ HELP me to decide as I can afford only one AUTOART MODEL... IS SV WORTH THE MONEY ?? :wall:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm

LOL you need to decide what matters to you. Food for thought, this one in this colour combo is my favorite!

ImageIMG_0203 by rDiecast.com, on Flickr

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Hans wrote:just read an comment of one member about his Aventador SV same colur as ur Review and he didn't like the quality and sum problems with the wheels...so is it an defective piece or the Quality Consistency of Aventador SV models is bad ???

SINCE I CAN AFFORD ONLY ONE AUTOART AVENTADOR MODEL... I DONT WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON LOW QUALITY MODEL where I can BUY AN DIECAST 50th ANN AVENTADOR For same price !!

I Do love the SV model more but QUALITY is ???

PLZ HELP me to decide as I can afford only one AUTOART MODEL... IS SV WORTH THE MONEY ?? :wall:

***BASED ON THE MODELS I HAVE****

The 50th anniversary is better quality. The pros are of course diecast body/panels. The doors spring up and hold strong when you open them. Paint is perfect.

The SV is plastic, but OK total weight and feel. Some areas of paint (inside the side vent, under the front hood) are sub par. The doors are a bit weak and flimsy and feel "loose" when open. But it has other detail features that I like, the engine cross brace is carbon fiber, the seats and floor have color details, yellow gauges pop more, these little details out do the 50th.

I like the SV more in real life, so I would go for that one if I didnt have either and could only buy one. Other than some newer model optimized detail features, the old school diecast aventadors are still better. At the end of the day (at least for me) it will sit in a case on display. Both models display equally well with doors/hoods open and under the light.

Hope this helps.

Hans

Post by Hans » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:50 am

***BASED ON THE MODELS I HAVE****

The 50th anniversary is better quality. The pros are of course diecast body/panels. The doors spring up and hold strong when you open them. Paint is perfect.

The SV is plastic, but OK total weight and feel. Some areas of paint (inside the side vent, under the front hood) are sub par. The doors are a bit weak and flimsy and feel "loose" when open. But it has other detail features that I like, the engine cross brace is carbon fiber, the seats and floor have color details, yellow gauges pop more, these little details out do the 50th.

I like the SV more in real life, so I would go for that one if I didnt have either and could only buy one. Other than some newer model optimized detail features, the old school diecast aventadors are still better. At the end of the day (at least for me) it will sit in a case on display. Both models display equally well with doors/hoods open and under the light.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

THANK YOU ALL for ur Advice... so I finally decided and ordered for LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR LP720-4 50th ANNIVERSARY EDITION (YELLOW GIALLO MAGGIO) as I found that some collectors who brought SVs got good quality ones while some have got problems ...Since I'm ordering online ive decided for Regular Aventador 50th Ann. ( although in REAL I LIKE AVENTADOR SV MORE )...and I REALLY WANTED AN AUTOART AVENTADOR as it was one of their best Diecast models..

Return to “AUTOart”