AUTOart Lexus LC500 - Metallic Red

AUTOart related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

AUTOart Lexus LC500 - Metallic Red

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:56 pm

This is one of the best 1:18 scale examples from AUTOart in some time. Overall execution is clean and on point. The Metallic Red exterior works well with the lines of LC500. Fully opening and functional spoiler are some of the highlights. You can read the complete review by clicking the REVIEWS link on the website. Enjoy the pics!

Model Maniac

Re: AUTOart Lexus LC500 - Metallic Red

Post by Model Maniac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:47 pm

I just received mine yesterday. It is truly stunning. Very light and delicate feeling, though.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Model Maniac wrote:I just received mine yesterday. It is truly stunning. Very light and delicate feeling, though.
Yes, that is the composite angle :o

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I am on the fence with this one precisely because of the delicate nature of the plastic material. It looks very good but some of the panels gaps seems a bit large (doors and trunk mainly). Is it just the pictures ?

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:09 am

The paint colour is nice but how is the application? Is it any smoother than their diecast models? I'm seeing a bit of orange peel I think

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 am

StratosWRC wrote:The paint colour is nice but how is the application? Is it any smoother than their diecast models? I'm seeing a bit of orange peel I think
Very good.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:27 am

Atalante wrote:I am on the fence with this one precisely because of the delicate nature of the plastic material. It looks very good but some of the panels gaps seems a bit large (doors and trunk mainly). Is it just the pictures ?
Have no fear. Yes the model is light due to composite materials. Also the panel gaps are fine, photo lighting and lighter colour enhance them. Consider the darker Black.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:40 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Atalante wrote:I am on the fence with this one precisely because of the delicate nature of the plastic material. It looks very good but some of the panels gaps seems a bit large (doors and trunk mainly). Is it just the pictures ?
Have no fear. Yes the model is light due to composite materials. Also the panel gaps are fine, photo lighting and lighter colour enhance them. Consider the darker Black.
Thanks, I have a few AA composite series so I know the feeling. I just love this metallic red so will be red or nothing :rockon:

Return to “AUTOart”